Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Please read: - New version of Forums?

Hi,<p>I have had several request for threads in these forums.<p>As many of you know, I always try to accommodate most requests.<p>To that end, I have set up a test board at this page.<p>Please take a moment to go there, and have a look, but before you do, please read to the bottom of this message.<p>The forum has only been up a few hours, and I have yet to fully configure it.<p>You do not need to register to post, but you will have great benefits if you do, but that should be fairly straight forward.<p>Even I am having to learn for layout and facilities on offer - so we are all green together.<p>So what is the differences?<p>1) You can choose between flatfile (as in these forums) or threaded views - you can later this as often as you like. You can even change your default way of viewing the site.<p>2) If you do not like our colours, change them - there are several different styles to choose from.<p>3) If you are not UK based, you can change the time displayed to your local time.<p>4) Polls are standard, although not that easy to implement, until you get the hang of it.<p>5) Who's online is standard.<p>6) You can add your own avatars, they can be anything you like - you can choose to display people's avatars next to their posts or not - the choice is yours.<p>7) Club forums can have extra forums now (I think!) - I can code them, their own entry page to the site, that will display only their forums initially.<p>8) The messages are SQL based, and are held in a large database on our server - this means that the new forums will be faster<p>9) You can be notified by email of any replies to your posts - you even get the full reply in your email box - this is any reply to any post, not just the topic starter.<p>10) You can choose your own password, from the outset - although your username cannot contain any special characters (i.e.) spaces etc.<p>11) Some of the glossy bits of the current forums will not exist - it is not quite as user friendly at the moment - although I will be adding new features.<p>I am sure that there are other differences, but as of yet, I have not discovered them all.<p>Please bear in mind that this is a BETA board, and to that end things may alter quickly, and without warning.<p>It has only been installed in the last 12 hours, so certain features may not yet exist.<p>What I need to know, from you is to whether you prefer the new version, or wish to stay with this one.<p>I was just going to move some of the club forums over there - but to be honest, I might as well move everything, if people prefer it.<p>I was going to wait until version 6 came out of the software, but have decided to bite the bullet and go for it wink.gif" border="0 <p>Please let me have your constructive comments.<p>Okay now head over to this page, and let me know what you think...<p>

Regards,<p>Ian

Non League UK<p>[ 23 February 2002: This message was edited by: admin ]<p>Updated link to a new home page for the new forum.<p>[ 23 February 2002: This message was edited by: admin ]</p>

Sorry - I am desperatly wanting to find five minutes in my day in order to do it.<p>If anyone has any ideas as to how I can extend the day to 30 hours, please let me know....<p>On the other hand if anyone would like to get involved, please let me know as well.<p>Ian