Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charity Walk to Witham Town

Fat Tom Daley

We are planning a walk in aid of the new charity partner which is an Essex based charity http://www.tombowdidgefoundation.org/ who we will support this season and next.

They will also help raise our profile with press etc which is great, the plan is to have a partnership approach so the club benefits as much as the charity.

The plan is to walk (like Maidstone) from the Bridge to Witham away on Easter weekend. Suggest we do this over two days so plan would be:-

Total distance to walk approx. 27 miles

Sunday 27th March (Easter weekend) -  leave Bridge and walk to hotel near Chelmsford Premier Inn Borham is 20 miles

Monday-  walk from hotel to the game

Our aim would be to raise £1000 so if we could get at least 10 people be £100 each

If you fancy joining this walk, please let either me, Colin B or Fingers know so we can arrange things.

Cheers

Jordan

Jordan

I will walk from the car park to the club house with youJ On a more serious note I’m happy to sponsor you mate. Rob if your support vehicle is going to Witham on game day happy to jump in and assist I won’t charge anything as its for charity :evil: 

Don't think there are any hills like that one out of Rochester Simon.

Should be a piece of cake

Cheers everyone for your responses! Will speak to everyone about it when I next see you.

List so Far

Me

Fingers

Colin B

Simon

Derek

Paul

Gavin (Maybe)

Jago (2nd Day Only)

Rob, cheers for the offer of support vehicle, much appreciated

As ever, the more the merrier!

• 3 weeks later...

INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE WALKING

Itinerary

Day One

09.45am – Arrive at Bridge Avenue

10.00am – Set off from the Stadium

Time TBC – Arrive at Hotel (See Details Below)

Day Two

10.00am – Set off from Hotel (See Details Below)

Time TBC – Arrive at Ground 

Hotel

Please be advised each person(s) has to book this individually. If you are sharing, please make arrangements

Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham)

Main Road, Boreham, Chelmsford

CM3 3HJ

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/essex/chelmsford/chelmsford-boreham.html?INNID=CHEGRA&ARRdd=27&ARRmm=03&ARRyyyy=2016&NIGHTS=1&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=1&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=SB&SID=4&ISH=true&BRAND=PI

Donation Link

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/afchwalk

Edited by Just A Fat Tom Daley

SHIRKERS' ARRANGEMENTS

If anyone wants to join me for day 2 only I'll be leaving Hx / Up at around 0800 so can pick you up - then driving to Witham and getting the 71C bus back to the "hostel" at Boreham for about 0915 (or we can cab it back if anyone "works" in The City).  Hopefully we can then join the proper walkers for a fry-up at the hotel, though I haven't checked this bit yet.

I can then take you back to Hx / Up after the game unless you have other, more sociable, wheel-endowed friends (not sure what the coach arrangements are).

PM me or let me know at the Aveley or Thurrock games (I won't be there on Saturday v Sudbury). Or let Jordan know as he has my mobile number.

Thanks

Jago