Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best SSML striker ever?

Savagebee ... can't believe you started this thread and haven't mentioned Mr Rowlands... or was he before your time?

Our own Charlie Baverstock was always a handful for any defender on his day and whould always get 15 to 25 goals a season no problem.

In recent years Bill Healey was superb for us and he is now doing great for Wingate & Finchley FC.

Savagebee ... can't believe you started this thread and haven't mentioned Mr Rowlands... or was he before your time?

Yes only really saw him play in his last few seasons of playing and even at the age of around 38 he was still a top player he would have carried on playing longer if it wasnt for injuries his last season of playing was the 2012/13 season and he still managed to score a hatrick at Holmer Green that season. A really nice guy as well.

Edited by Savagebee

Does anyone remember Tony Ratcliffe from the 80's for Eaton Bray and Totternhoe. Went on to play at a much higher standard.

Absolute superb player and if not for dodgy ankles, would have been a pro. Had to retire early due to his injuries.

Was it McCarthy who used to play for you when you were in division 2, always scored a lot.

Ryan Redford - now that Johnny was a top player. Didnt he break his leg , snap ligaments or something? ... He was part of the Hertford mob that were feared by all sides many moons again.

Edited by RendonBodgers

Ryan's a great kid, not really played since getting his leg broken against Cheshunt(?) I think. Assuming that feared Hertford side comment was tongue in cheek?

Talking of strikers where has Emond Protain gone?

I was wondering that as well just the other day.

Ryan returned to Hoddesdon after spells at Hertford and Biggleswade and unfortunately broke his leg upon his return in an FA Vase game at Lowfield against FC Romania. I remember the game well and if I'm honest can't believe Ryan was the only Hoddesdon player that day to end up in hospital. One of the dirtiest sides I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Played with and against some very good forwards in every sml division but always hated playing against Jimmy Hill, Jimmy Armstrong(postals) and Bullet (London Conley)

You talk as if its all over for the Danger ? He still has plenty of life left in them old legs once he shrugs off this knee problem, he would be back playing by now if it wasn't for the way he charges around at work holding that trowel and then replicates it on a Friday night causing havoc in the wagon and horses(Dunstable).

Edited by RendonBodgers

You talk as if its all over for the Danger ? He still has plenty of life left in them old legs once he shrugs off this knee problem, he would be back playing by now if it wasn't for the way he charges around at work holding that trowel and then replicates it on a Friday night causing havoc in the wagon and horses(Dunstable).

Top stuff RB :-)

Garry Sippetts for me. Darron Hay maybe.

Old Sippo? ... Former Chesham and hemel lad? Who did he play for in South Mids?

Never heard of the latter.