Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hatchet Harris

Swifty

Swifty, is this the same Mr Harris who joined Ashford on loan this season, played half a dozen games or so, scored no goals and totally managed to disrupt the balance of the team?

I do hope the pipeline you mention is not connected to Ashford,it looked to me as if he was living on his past glories.

To be fair it must be very difficult to slot straight into a team midway through a season. I suspect that Scott would still do a good job for us with a pre-season after improving his fitness.

He isn't the Hatchet of old ( probably too many injuries) but is still a quality player.

Swifty, is this the same Mr Harris who joined Ashford on loan this season, played half a dozen games or so, scored no goals and totally managed to disrupt the balance of the team?

I do hope the pipeline you mention is not connected to Ashford,it looked to me as if he was living on his past glories.

Being a Slough supporter, I think you might be doing Hatchet a disservice given the fact that he has scored 10 goals this season in the Southern Premier Division and has been largely our 3rd/4th choice striker.

He has been an excellent squad player for us and has proven to be very versatile in the positions he has played for us ie centre half, centre midfield and as a centre forward.

He is easily good enough to play in the Central division, so I think Ashford would be foolish not to give him a go next season, if they can get him.

Smoking-gun, you are wrong. Scott Harris scored against Knaphill on 2nd January (that might have been the last match I actually watched, given my move North and the postponement of the Harrow Borough game first time round).

Hatchet might not be quite the player he was but, at both the level we are presently at and the level we aspire to return to, Hatchet would be an excellent permanent addition to the squad because of his workrate and physicality. I don't think he was ever that prolific a goalscorer in his original spell with us, but he more than made up for that by creating opportunities and goals for others.

Given that the games he has played for us this season were on a dual-registration basis, the chances are that we didn't see him at his best as he was developing his match fitness by turning out for us. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a very effective member of the squad, should he be available. 

Also it was difficult for him to quickly adjust to our style of play which is totally different from Sloughs. He did however love playing for us this season and was amazed at how we knock the ball around.

Archived