Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion from CCL (last 10 years)

bomaya

Was thinking about the promotions over recent years from CCL and how in general those teams do fine at Step 4. Thought I'd check the facts but happy to be corrected if wrong about anything.

2006/07 - Chipstead - never relegated since though flirted with relegation a few times - still in Ryman South

2007/08 - Merstham - finished 8th in Ryman South first season, then generally mid-table until play-off win a year ago, mid-table this season in Ryman Premier

2008/09 - Bedfont Green - disbanded whilst at Step 4 (money issues?)

2009/10 - North Greenford United - nearly relegated a few times and now looks like they will be back to Step 5 after 6 seasons

2010/11 - Chertsey - relegated back to Step 5 after a couple of seasons

2011/12 - Guildford City - struggled when pushed into Southern League and came back down to Step 5 where they remain

2012/13 - Egham - fine at Step 4 and this year in the play offs in Southern Central so could be Step 3 next season

- Guernsey (two up this season) - competed fine at Step 4 level where they remain

2013/14 - South Park - two decent seasons now at Step 4

2014/15 - Molesey - look like finishing top half of Ryman South in first year back there

So, out of 9 promoted teams, three relegations and one disbanded. One (possibly soon two) team at Step 3. Overall, I'd say that's a good success rate. I'd say any of the teams that could've gone up this season would be fine as well whoever it ends up being.

It's certainly quite a big 'jump'.

Some survive  -  Some fail.

Chertsey went up in 2010/11 in the place of Guildford & were there for 3 years before coming back down last year.

I wouldn't say Guildford struggled in the Southern League until they were moved to the South & West, which is proving problematic for a lot of clubs that have been forced into that division from around these parts. If I remember rightly they had a top half finish in the first season in the Central division.

Chipstead looked destined to return next season but have had a turnaround since Craig Tanner went there so may well survive another season at Ryman 1.

I wouldn't say Guildford struggled in the Southern League until they were moved to the South & West, which is proving problematic for a lot of clubs that have been forced into that division from around these parts. If I remember rightly they had a top half finish in the first season in the Central division.

Quite so Foxy, it was in fact a ninth place finish in the Central division.  As you suggest the S&W hit us hard on and off the pitch, and it has taken quite some time to recover.  Any club from our league who enters the S&W needs to go in with their eyes open.

Chertsey went up in 2010/11 in the place of Guildford & were there for 3 years before coming back down last year.

Chipstead looked destined to return next season but have had a turnaround since Craig Tanner went there so may well survive another season at Ryman 1.

Ah yes, forgot about Chertsey, that skews the figures a bit.

I meant to say South&West when referring to Guildford City.

And Chipstead are already safe. Completely new team since he took over.

Ah yes, forgot about Chertsey, that skews the figures a bit.

I meant to say South&West when referring to Guildford City.

And Chipstead are already safe. Completely new team since he took over.

Is it not 4 down from the Ryman then?

It's only 4 down from the Premier Divisions, 3 down from the Step Four Isthmian and 2 down from the other Step Four leagues (Southern, Northern Premier).

Archived