Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

County Cup Final

vauxhallman

With our upcoming Final in mind I was just wondering if our latest recruits i.e  Mark Kirby and Billy Crook will be available to play because I believe if they played for there previous clubs in any county cup matches they wont be able to play for the Town.

Any one any ideas. B)

COYT

To play for a team in the final, a player must have been eligible to play in the semi-final for the same team (unless they were suspended at the time). Thus any player (i.e. Kirby, Crook, Kartita & Mugabo) signed after the semi-final cannot play.

Kirby having previously played in the same competition for Hendon is also cup-tied. Playing in another County Cup does not stop a player turning out in a different competition (some clubs play in two Senior County Cups). 

• 2 weeks later...

Very best of luck to ETFC players and supporters this afternoon.

Let's get out there, do the business guys, and finish the season in style by lifting the Middlesex Senior Cup.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Oh dear, where did it all go so badly wrong yesterday? Not the result we all wanted or expected against a team a level below us, and a BIG disappointment for all those Towners who travelled over to Uxbridge for the match. Reading Brad's pre-match comments in the local press, our guys were ready, up for it, and wanted to cap a decent season with some silverware. They didn't, and going by the tweets on the official website, they gave a below-par performance. So far, no comments have been posted on this unexpected outcome. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the performance and result, if you went to this County Cup Final.

First half had a bit of a pre-season game feel to it... Bumpy undulating pitch/surface didn't help things.

Corey's red card got lots of people debating but looking at replay it's probably right decision..it was what I'd call a 'forward's challenge'... no malice in it but looked dangerous.. Northwood's players reaction didn't help the situation for us and the fact the player was back playing within a minute was a little annoying... Did the Northwood player who took Brad out on the half way line get booked? I can't remember?? If Corey's was red then that was defo a late challenge yellow card.

Town just couldn't get going really. Very disappointing but that's how it goes sometimes.... Well done to Northwood who deserved win.

What I will say to be slightly controversial is in a time when the club is trying to attract families and younger fans along some of the language used on the terraces today by some was a bit too much..we are all representing our great club aren't we??.. I am not thick enough to think there won't be a little bit of industrial language at footy but some people I think need to think about things before shouting and singing... Great noisy support from the fantastic Ultras is brilliant so let's keep that up for 2016/17.

I was soooo looking forward to this game yesterday but, right from the off, it wasn't what we all expected to cap a good season.

The sun failed to materialise, the crowd was modest and quieter than usual and the tone appeared to be set by ETFC coming out on to the pitch in somebody else's off-red kit! I hear that Northwood were the designated home team but inexplicably took with them their yellow & black away kit rather than their usual red - whilst as the away team we took our yellow kit which we couldn't then wear! Bit difficult to play for the shirt when it's somebody else's shirt - and the red top looked very odd with our blue shorts and socks! All compounded by the referee and his assistants all black kits clashing with the Northwood team's all black (at least from the back)....

Didn't really see the incident that saw Cory sent off so can't really comment on that - the official twitter said we didn't really turn up and the game had a pre-season feel which I'd certainly go along with, don't really know why.

I don't intend to criticise the management team and players after all that they've given us this season so just one thought. Don't really remember what the weather was like in August & September but I just pose the question as to whether we struggle on dry, hard pitches where the ball bounces very high and we struggle to get it under control quickly enough to get our passing game going - gives pause for thought for the start of next season.

Have a good Summer Towners.

Finally, do the board realise that the next Supporters evening on 7/7/16 clashes with the semi-final of Euro 2016? 

Northwood were a big,athletic and young team.I knew we would struggle when the ball bounced straight over our keepers head from a good length at the start of the game.On undulaiting hard pitches it is so much easier for the oppo to shut you don't and stop you playing.Very disappointing day all round.Thats the sort of team we would have beaten by 3 or 4 a few weeks ago.

Here goes- Agree totally with Cold Ends third paragraph diabolical language and generally anti social behaviour by a handful who just don't know how to enjoy an occasion with the vast Majority.

I thought there was enough ambiguity in Corey's challenge to just Merit a stern word with and at worse a yellow card. It wasn't two footed or malicious it was a foul which the player acted on and his team mates joined in, the ref unfortunately got conned. 1 min later that same number 3 sprints down the left to set up the opening goal. Says it all, no red for me and referee showed he could be conned into believing in something he hadn't clearly interpreted properly.

HOWEVER, we were in 2nd gear and despite Corey himself only in 3rd gear he was our little spark in a gloomy first half.

2nd half was worse. Pitch was shite, having to wear Uxbridge's shirts do effect players psychologically, warm weather, 2 week break and an opposition who wanted it more on the day despite their limitations they delivered the two best bits of the game as a whole.

I attended the game as Uxbridge was a ground I hadn't been to before and my friend, who was with me at the game, lives nearby.

I have no axe to grind, but I had a good view of the foul that got your lad sent off and I have to say that it had everything needed for a dismissal and there's no debate about it as far as I can see and the many neutrals around me agreed too.

I must however commend your comments about the language used by a number of your supporters and the general conduct of some of them both at half time and after the game. Some of the language turned the air blue and during half time there was the absurd spectacle of a so called "fan" slating a Middlesex FA committee man.

Then after the game, a number of your club's followers got involved in a silly argument with the Northwood management which almost led to a potentially violent confrontation, and later on the patio outside the bar area, another of your so called "fans" tried to provoke a confrontation with someone who it seemed had no vested interest in either team. Happily, he was quite firmly put in his place.

Generally, the game and the result aside, I felt that some of your number let their fellow supporters and their club down with the sort of behaviour that we do not need in the non-league game, or indeed anywhere else for that matter, and I hope your club are strong enough to deal with these miscreant individuals firmly so that it sends out a message to all within the club that this just isn't acceptable and will not be tolerated.

Here goes- Agree totally with Cold Ends third paragraph diabolical language and generally anti social behaviour by a handful who just don't know how to enjoy an occasion with the vast Majority.

I thought there was enough ambiguity in Corey's challenge to just Merit a stern word with and at worse a yellow card. It wasn't two footed or malicious it was a foul which the player acted on and his team mates joined in, the ref unfortunately got conned. 1 min later that same number 3 sprints down the left to set up the opening goal. Says it all, no red for me and referee showed he could be conned into believing in something he hadn't clearly interpreted properly.

HOWEVER, we were in 2nd gear and despite Corey himself only in 3rd gear he was our little spark in a gloomy first half.

2nd half was worse. Pitch was shite, having to wear Uxbridge's shirts do effect players psychologically, warm weather, 2 week break and an opposition who wanted it more on the day despite their limitations they delivered the two best bits of the game as a whole.

I have no axe to grind either way, but there's a hell of a lot of excuses there and I'm sure the players and management would not concur with them. 

As for the dismissal, I saw it clearly on the day and have watched the YouTube video several times and can see absolutely no "ambiguity" in it. A very bad tackle indeed and as for the player "acting on it" the first heavy-ish challenge of the game led to one of the ET players rolling around in agony before resuming the game at full pace a minute or two later.

But like I say, I have no axe to grind and whilst it was not a great game, the goals were worth seeing esp the run and cross for the first. 

As a neutral, I enjoyed my day out on my first trip to Uxbridge FC.

Enjoy your football folks.

Well I came up for a very rare visit these days and it was great to see old friends... I saw the sending off as an orange card  - vcould have gone either way... but wasn't that surprised to be honest.. and I agree with Cold Ends and Enfield United... the behaviour of a few - who should have known better ... was out of order and embarrassing to the club.. 

Well I came up for a very rare visit these days and it was great to see old friends... I saw the sending off as an orange card  - vcould have gone either way... but wasn't that surprised to be honest.. and I agree with Cold Ends and Enfield United... the behaviour of a few - who should have known better ... was out of order and embarrassing to the club.. 

A very sensible posting imho

Archived