Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last CCL Match Thread Of 2015/16 - 2nd-7th May

No comment from you and then you comment.

Over at Camberley we are so honoured that you worry about us so much.

I don't worry about you lot Krooner....

No no no....

I admire the football. And that goal was right off the training ground!

But you comment on us more than the rest of the clubs in the league added together including your own.

Someone on here is a f****** miserable old git at the moment for many reasons.

Good Job Hanworth Villa did all they could to cheer me up :)

For what it's worth - which I know isn't much - I would like to express my commiserations to you and all at Krooner Park. It's a horrible feeling to miss out on promotion on the last day as as happy as I am that Ashford are going up I do have a number of friends at Camberley and wouldn't have begrudged you the step up.

I wish you well in your remaining Cup matches and it would be quite a feat if Camberley were to go on to win the League, Southern Combination and Aldershot Senior Cups, particlarly when placed alongside the FA Vase run. Perhaps, in the grand scheme of it, all that success in the knockout tournaments has had a negative effect in the League, as it can't have been easy playing all those matches in such a short timescale.

For Ashford, going up is a massive achievement but a word to worthy champions Hartley Wintney, who put in a shift in every single game. Some of the wiser heads on the Ashford forum predicted that they would be the title winners as early as September and they could have rested players today or taken the proverbial "foot off the gas" but they did us a favour today.

Given that we were knocked back for promotion four times in the 1990s due to ground grading I make no apologies for celebrating going up in second, but I wish that something could be done about the bottleneck at this level, which is the only tier of the National League System (or anywhere in the top 10 tiers of the game in this country) with only one promotion place per League and that means that bloody good teams can't progress and that doesn't seem right to me.

For what it's worth - which I know isn't much - I would like to express my commiserations to you and all at Krooner Park. It's a horrible feeling to miss out on promotion on the last day as as happy as I am that Ashford are going up I do have a number of friends at Camberley and wouldn't have begrudged you the step up.

I wish you well in your remaining Cup matches and it would be quite a feat if Camberley were to go on to win the League, Southern Combination and Aldershot Senior Cups, particlarly when placed alongside the FA Vase run. Perhaps, in the grand scheme of it, all that success in the knockout tournaments has had a negative effect in the League, as it can't have been easy playing all those matches in such a short timescale.

For Ashford, going up is a massive achievement but a word to worthy champions Hartley Wintney, who put in a shift in every single game. Some of the wiser heads on the Ashford forum predicted that they would be the title winners as early as September and they could have rested players today or taken the proverbial "foot off the gas" but they did us a favour today.

Given that we were knocked back for promotion four times in the 1990s due to ground grading I make no apologies for celebrating going up in second, but I wish that something could be done about the bottleneck at this level, which is the only tier of the National League System (or anywhere in the top 10 tiers of the game in this country) with only one promotion place per League and that means that bloody good teams can't progress and that doesn't seem right to me.

Totally agree

For what it's worth, here is the report from our 6-1 win at Chessington & Hook United.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-53.html

Well done to Hartley Wintney who always looked like they would hold on after their excellent start. It's all too easy amongst other milestones this season to forget their FA Cup run where they were narrowly defeated by Eastbourne Borough. 106 points is quite a tally in a tough league. How tough? Well four sides in the last 32 of the Vase indicate that we do now have a stronger league than may have been the case in the past.

Also congratulations to Ashford Town (Mx) and commiserations to Camberley Town. we'd have loved to push you both a little further but weren't quite good enough. As for going up in second, plenty of teams in the Ryman and Southern League playoffs have gone up from fourth and fifth so them's the rules, make the most of it, as of course Guernsey also did when there was a second spot available.

It's particularly hard on Camberley as twice in the last four years second place would have gone up and they finished second in the other two seasons. They will be hot favourites next year I believe as I cannot seriously imagine that the Hartley side can stay together after a large number of their players have now faced a "non-promotion" scenario in consecutive seasons. Even if they do, the same question will remain that is there currently; will they do the work required to get up to Step Four? Seeing as they knew all season that promotion was likely and of course applied in November, I believe that if I were a player down there that wanted to test myself at the higher level, I couldn't sign for another season, unless a building project was well under way during the summer.

Of course, that's Hartley's prerogative to do what is best for their club, but it is rare that teams who win and fail to go up, stay together. With nearby Farnborough now at Step Four, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few depart for pastures new, hence my argument for Camberley being favourites next season. 

But that's a long way away and for a next season thread. Good luck to the Krooners in their remaining cups, although I'm sure Farnham will make you work for the League Cup!

For what it's worth, here is the report from our 6-1 win at Chessington & Hook United.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-53.html

Well done to Hartley Wintney who always looked like they would hold on after their excellent start. It's all too easy amongst other milestones this season to forget their FA Cup run where they were narrowly defeated by Eastbourne Borough. 106 points is quite a tally in a tough league. How tough? Well four sides in the last 32 of the Vase indicate that we do now have a stronger league than may have been the case in the past.

Also congratulations to Ashford Town (Mx) and commiserations to Camberley Town. we'd have loved to push you both a little further but weren't quite good enough. As for going up in second, plenty of teams in the Ryman and Southern League playoffs have gone up from fourth and fifth so them's the rules, make the most of it, as of course Guernsey also did when there was a second spot available.

It's particularly hard on Camberley as twice in the last four years second place would have gone up and they finished second in the other two seasons. They will be hot favourites next year I believe as I cannot seriously imagine that the Hartley side can stay together after a large number of their players have now faced a "non-promotion" scenario in consecutive seasons. Even if they do, the same question will remain that is there currently; will they do the work required to get up to Step Four? Seeing as they knew all season that promotion was likely and of course applied in November, I believe that if I were a player down there that wanted to test myself at the higher level, I couldn't sign for another season, unless a building project was well under way during the summer.

Of course, that's Hartley's prerogative to do what is best for their club, but it is rare that teams who win and fail to go up, stay together. With nearby Farnborough now at Step Four, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few depart for pastures new, hence my argument for Camberley being favourites next season. 

But that's a long way away and for a next season thread. Good luck to the Krooners in their remaining cups, although I'm sure Farnham will make you work for the League Cup!

And the Aldershot Senior Cup Rich!!!

TUESDAY LATEST

Premier Division

Knaphill (Coke, Taylor, Postance 2) 4-0 Horley Town 

Division 1

Banstead Athletic 0-0 Sheerwater

Southern Combination Cup Semi Final

Dorking (Wright, Bransbury 2) 3-1 Chessington & Hook United 

Edited by Chris Clapham

TUESDAY RESULTS

Premier Division

Knaphill (Coke, Taylor, Postance 2, Kabuye) 5-0 Horley Town

Division 1

Banstead Athletic 3-0 Sheerwater

Southern Combination Cup Semi Final

Dorking (Wright, Bransbury 3) 4-1 Chessington & Hook United

Edited by Chris Clapham

Dorking 4-1 Chess & Hook

Really good cup tie this for the first game back in Dorking. Chicks raced into a 3-0 half time lead, including a great Bransbury goal as he darted down the left wing and lashed it in past the keeper. Tables were turned in the second half and it was all Chessy, quickly getting one back and then having another disallowed. They kept up the incessant pressure and passed up several chances, Chicks unable to get out of their own half. Chicks stand-in keeper made several terrific saves to keep Chessy at bay but Chicks started to get back into the game, Smith hitting a wonderful volley which went just wide. Bransbury took the pressure off with another great finish over the keeper to get his hat trick & make it 4-1. Chessy never gave up and had more chances, but Newland was equal to them.

Great entertainment and a cup final to look forward to.

Decent crowd at Westhumble, close to a 100 paying guests.

Really good to be back close to town and see many familiar faces.

Also thanks to Chessy for getting their fixtures fulfilled.

Thanks to Dorking Wanderers FC for hosting when Im sure they would have preferred to be getting on with pitch maintenance.

So where and when is the final?

May be a delay if its Meadowbank,,,

Decent crowd at Westhumble, close to a 100 paying guests.

Really good to be back close to town and see many familiar faces.

Also thanks to Chessy for getting their fixtures fulfilled.

Thanks to Dorking Wanderers FC for hosting when Im sure they would have preferred to be getting on with pitch maintenance.

So where and when is the final?

May be a delay if its Meadowbank,,,

Venue TBA Molesey v Camberley semi final tomorrow

Well done 'Chicks' !

A final to look forward too.  Should also spur some good applicants for the vacant Management position.

Wednesday Latest

Division 1

Epsom Athletic 2-2 Frimley Green

Southern Comb Semi Final

Molesey 2-1 Camberley Town (Bunyan)

Surrey Senior Final

Merstham (Cooper, Kavanagh, Penny) 3-0 Godalming Town

Edited by Chris Clapham

Wednesday RESULTS

Division 1

Epsom Athletic 3-3 Frimley Green 

Southern Comb Semi Final

Molesey 4-3 Camberley Town (Bunyan, Coles 2 (1 pen)) (10 men each) 

Surrey Senior Final (ATT 560)

Merstham (Cooper, Kavanagh, Penny, Hopkinson) 4-1 Godalming Town (Oldland) 

London Senior Final

Tooting & Mitcham United 2-0 Hendon 

Edited by Chris Clapham