Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

premier league predictions for next season?

They have a budget now yes! of course they do!! and they had a very small budget when they won the SSML Prem. My point wasn't whether they had a budget or not it was the fact that at the time they won it, it was a hell of a lot smaller then other clubs in the league at that time. That's all.

My assistant in the last few years is now there as GK Coach and he said the coaching, preparation and the professionalism is unbelievable.

So maybe Committees, Volunteers, Supporters, Managers and Coaches should get more credit rather then people taking the easy option of saying it is because they have a big budget!

They have a budget now yes! of course they do!! and they had a very small budget when they won the SSML Prem. My point wasn't whether they had a budget or not it was the fact that at the time they won it, it was a hell of a lot smaller then other clubs in the league at that time. That's all.

My assistant in the last few years is now there as GK Coach and he said the coaching, preparation and the professionalism is unbelievable.

So maybe Committees, Volunteers, Supporters, Managers and Coaches should get more credit rather then people taking the easy option of saying it is because they have a big budget!

You can have all the money in the world at your disposal but if the coaching & preparation isn't right then you won't move forward.

That's an honest post from you Mr Fish, as title favourites I'm sure we will all be watching with interest

• 9 months later...

Great point regarding London Colney.

Must give Joe Sweeney unbelievable credit as you must remember only about 3 players stayed pre season, hence not one of the fancied teams.He did though persuade most to return as the season progressed.

Big disappointment is Hertford. Their players not up to the challenge it seems.

Big changes next season???

I am not sure Hertford's season has been a big disappointment. They could still get 92 points, which is a very good points tally and 24 more than last season (if you compare Hertford 2016 to Hertford 2017 rather than Hoddesdon 2016 to Hertford 2017). Although it seems you need to get 100+ points to guarantee top spot.

I would think that many local players would love to go and play in front of crowds of 250+ on a regular basis, so I am sure Gav won't be short of players offering their services in pre season. It seems a couple of players have already declared that they won't be at the club next year, so there is room for new additions.

Great point regarding London Colney.
Must give Joe Sweeney unbelievable credit as you must remember only about 3 players stayed pre season, hence not one of the fancied teams.He did though persuade most to return as the season progressed.
Big disappointment is Hertford. Their players not up to the challenge it seems.
Big changes next season???

I think you have to credit LC, they pulled out goals when not in a winning position late on in games.

We had a period over Xmas/NewYear with 3 draws that set us back.

We never stop learning in life let alone football.

Must be big favourites for next season Hertford.

Love Berko's tweets though about being top of the form table. They adjust it to suit themselves, firstly it was the last 6 games, then 7 now 8. Lets see if they can take that form into next season.

Hearing big things about Berko already..

Hearing Ware FC will be heading back to Spartan Prem. Surely a club of that size would start out favourites for next years title.

By 1 goal ?

And Heybridge were 0-2 down at half time.

And Soham were 2-3 down in the 85th minute.

Got to be the most agonising relegation ever.

Agree that they will be in for a bit of shock if they join the Spartan as well.

I know it's hard to compare divisions, but I've seen them a few times this season and the general level doesn't seem much better.

Will be great to see the Hertford/Ware derby coming back though. That always used to be a rather spicy affair...