Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town Announce New Manager!

Ohh dear....Halsey, that you? Mwahaha....i think the committee made the correct choice...as for the fans, lets not tarnish them all..its that old situation, the minority ruining it for the masses.

Considering the name definitely not the man himself. Just someone who indeed spent a lot of time at Hertford. So speaking from experience not hear say

Considering the name definitely not the man himself. Just someone who indeed spent a lot of time at Hertford. So speaking from experience not hear say

Forum names mean nothing....hes a bit of a pansy after all. Experience, ive seen a fair few fans disgruntled and dilussional at Hertford this year but no way near the majoirty, unless you only have 10 fans?! Mind now the "chavs" have been told off and Asbo's disheaded out. Perhaps youre onto something.

I see the biased witch has woken from her slumber.

2.5 seasons is not a long time watching and claiming to be a fan of the club. Real fans dont follow managers out the door.

Oh a witch how original and to be fair I've been called worse!!! Who said I was fan anyway?

And certainly not for 2 seasons

Edited by Littlemissfootball

Would love to see a statement from Mr. Kelsey.

Always seemed like a hugely respectable nice bloke, but these actions are a bit dubious. I'm sure he had valid reasons for leaving Hoddy though- would just like to know them!

Great move for Hertford

I am sure the main reason behind this will come down to the fact Hoddesdon have had to move venues. Where Hertford have everything in place and just need the right team to get them up. You have to ask yourself were Hoddesdon honest with Gavin when he took the job on??? 

Be interested to see what players stay at Hoddesdon or follow Gavin or even contact St Mags and ask to go back there!!!

I believe Gavin left St Mags for Hoddy due to "lack of ambition".

Which would suggest Hoddy told him they were ambitious.

The situation around the ground grading perhaps shook that a bit.

And I'd imagine Hertford would be quite an appealing job to any manager at this level. They certainly have the biggest fan base. They've got the ground. And apparently they have a decent budget.

The right chef could turn those ingredients into something tasty.

Hertford are moving in the right direction albeit slowly. They've been crippled by the clubhouse, questionable Chairmen and integration with the town but you can see it changing year on year. Average gates are rising, fans are more raucous and it's good to see them in the top half of the table. What has let them down for the last 5 season is the discipline which has got progressively worse but weirdly results have improved even though key players were suspended. Looking at the tables this season the reason they missed promotion is that they couldn't sort the defence out, the attack was blinding.

The appointment of Mr Kelsey is a very interesting one but I wouldn't expect the Blues to be challenging for the title straight away unless he drills the team on defence. Off the field there's still a couple more pieces of the puzzle to fit in place, the clubhouse being one, which i've heard plans are being draw up for.

Keep it going Blues!

Hertford are moving in the right direction albeit slowly. They've been crippled by the clubhouse, questionable Chairmen and integration with the town but you can see it changing year on year. Average gates are rising, fans are more raucous and it's good to see them in the top half of the table. What has let them down for the last 5 season is the discipline which has got progressively worse but weirdly results have improved even though key players were suspended. Looking at the tables this season the reason they missed promotion is that they couldn't sort the defence out, the attack was blinding.

The appointment of Mr Kelsey is a very interesting one but I wouldn't expect the Blues to be challenging for the title straight away unless he drills the team on defence. Off the field there's still a couple more pieces of the puzzle to fit in place, the clubhouse being one, which i've heard plans are being draw up for.

Keep it going Blues!

Now the clubs have done trading places with the managers it'll be interesting to see what players are loyal to the managers and what players are loyal to the clubs... if i was a player i'd go where the crowd are.

One thing's for sure this keeps Alasdair Gold busy, I can see him licking his lips right now.

Now the clubs have done trading places with the managers it'll be interesting to see what players are loyal to the managers and what players are loyal to the clubs... if i was a player i'd go where the crowd are.

One thing's for sure this keeps Alasdair Gold busy, I can see him licking his lips right now.

Just going to throw this out there.... There is absolutely no reason to be loyal to an ssml club. It's not like the pro game where they actually pay your wage.

Just going to throw this out there.... There is absolutely no reason to be loyal to an ssml club. It's not like the pro game where they actually pay your wage.

I can understand your thinking Reb.

I'd like to think there was some loyalty to a club for all the people that help to run it, they don't get paid for what they do and are in essence the spine of a club.

Im interested to see if old Leigh Rose, keeps his promise of leaving....as personally id stick with Hertford over Hoddy now...but hes been on twitter showing his loyalty back when Ballsy was thrown out of the club....lets see if he keeps his word now. Good player, but p*ss poor attitude