Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town Announce New Manager!

Just to lighten the mood a bit on the way this this thread has developed and this is open to all fans of ALL clubs in the SSML, who would make your combined Hertford/Hoddy 1st team & bench come August?

I'm going with 4-2-3-1 . . . Ricketts, Sharman, Friend, Horey, N'Joya, Rose, Ruff, Hatherly, Rose, Campbell, Summers. Subs: Buck, Fraser, Brown, Lillis, Wade.

Still have issues with this line-up as really rate O'Connor, Draper (57), Pearce, Watson, amongst many others too not forgetting all of the other players that may rejoin both clubs following a change of leadership such as Smith, Lawton, Mitchell, Donovan & Anstead if he can drag himself away from the camera/mirror for long enough!

What a season this could be for both clubs!

Interested in your thoughts, whoever you follow . . . 

Yes, Danny.

I know absolutely everything.

Every single Hoddy & Hertford player has confided in me personally and signed a special BDC contract . . . or not.

It's up to the players at the end of the day and they need to decide which way to go for themselves.

As someone said earlier, some players will go with the gaffa they trust and some with the club they love.

I'll respect their decision either way.

The big question for me as a player deciding which way to go would be this . . . Play at Ware FC in front of one man and his dog in a quiet, foreign stadium on a sandy, bog of a pitch and get a few quid extra or . . . play week in, week out in front of a big, friendly, noisy, encouraging crowd supported by a huge army of volunteers who really care about you on a carpet of of a pitch & actually win stuff under a proven man-manager plus being part of a huge, long-term, community project at a ground that has everything in place to really go places.

I just cut the grass and read out the names on matchday so what do I know?

Like I said, up to them to decide.

What's over the top there son?

What's your combined Hertford/Hoddy dream team while we're at it?

This is a forum dude. Not a nightclub fight outside a kebab shop.

Not every comment needs a grievous riposte*. 

In Roman times, a forum was an open exchange of views & proposals of future benefits for those they represent.

Let's keep it civil and ribald by all means but I'm here for the banter not hate.

*Riposte is what educated people would call an elbow-typist's ill-educated, clumsy comeback.

Ok, to answer your question . . . Yes, I have heard a few players have decided where they'll be playing next season.

Not fair to name them on here though.

Some are publicly nailing their colours to the mast on Twitter so keep an eye on that for updates.

I guess we'll all only know for sure after pre-season and registration forms have been signed.