Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Which Euro 2016 team matches which Spartan Team...

I think we've all been watching the beautiful game a LOT lately. And I'm sure, like me, you couldn't help but sit back and think about similarities between the teams in the tournament and the SSML teams. 

Here's what I've come up with....

Belgium - Welwyn Garden City. When it clicks, quite nice to watch. Good group of players but ultimately, the clueless manager will always let them down.

Russia - Hertford. The fans.... need I say more! 

Ireland - Tring. Friendly, lovely fans who love a good old booze. 

Switzerland - Hoddesdon. Both suprisingly tidy little numbers. 

Hungary - Berko. Hungary have had a great start, but will most likely fade out, sound familiar Berko fans? 

I think we've all been watching the beautiful game a LOT lately. And I'm sure, like me, you couldn't help but sit back and think about similarities between the teams in the tournament and the SSML teams. 

Here's what I've come up with....

Belgium - Welwyn Garden City. When it clicks, quite nice to watch. Good group of players but ultimately, the clueless manager will always let them down.

Russia - Hertford. The fans.... need I say more! 

Ireland - Tring. Friendly, lovely fans who love a good old booze. 

Switzerland - Hoddesdon. Both suprisingly tidy little numbers. 

Hungary - Berko. Hungary have had a great start, but will most likely fade out, sound familiar Berko fans? 

Oh you had so much potential....until you stated wgc had a clueless manager....you dont win the double and then finish in the Top 6 from having a clueless manager!!! Schoolboy error on your part

You improved after that....Russia - Hertford spot on, but last seasons Hertford of course.

Swiss - Hoddy, not really...id say more Italy...playing well, attacking well, but always have an error in them.

Take it you dont like Mr Fisher then?

To quote myself, I said the managers "WILL" let them down. Not HAVE. Watch this space, as I'm talking about the future. With their budget, and the squad it has allowed them, anything but promotion will be a failure. And I think for Belgium, with their squad, anything but the final will be a failure. Only bad management can cost these teams and in my opinion, it just might happen in both cases.  

Stop living in the past. If we were going down that route I would've put Oxhey Jets circa 2012/13 (Putman era) down for the easiest comparison ever... Wales. One man team, get the ball to the all left-footed star man and watch the magic happen (Putman/Bale). 

Very good but thats like comparing Apples with Oranges....Halsey actually is a p*nis....Mr Fisher is a decent manager and the stats prove it....massive fail on trying to be smart Whitley

A massive fail - in your opinion only!!

All I stated was an undisputed fact that "... you don't like Mr Halsey...", or you can always tell me I'm wrong.

However, as usual you revert to 'gutter language', as whether he is or not as you claim, is actually irrelevant.

Edited by Whitley Bay

England - Hertford town, always hyped up but fail to live up to expectations

Could say the same about Hoddesdon. Bottle went at the end of last season when needed. Only 1 win from last 6 games to finish 3rd.

Now, I take it this won't go down well with Dankeywood but fact

Edited by OD's

I was gonna say AFC Dunstable are England. Arrogance personified, disliked by others and people are glad they are gone. But then England don't win anything so not a perfect fit.

I was gonna say AFC Dunstable are England. Arrogance personified, disliked by others and people are glad they are gone. But then England don't win anything so not a perfect fit.

Ouch, by the amount of very kind words we received from 99% of Premier Clubs, do not know where you got those facts from.

Even a very nice text from your Chairman Roger.

Edited by OD's