Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Friendlies

Bigj JR

Match reports for friendlies are difficult. Firstly we played in a field in Eton Not Stag Meadow. We have no idea who was representing Windsor. I don't know every player that played for us.

It's a little bit more than a training session but not much

Thanks to Windsor for the friendly and for a competitive game played in the right spirit.

It may be of interest that Windsir wire the green Union Flag shirts and an outfield player wore the no 1 shirtt.

Nosher. If DFC win the league I'll be amazed and very very happy.

Jeff Hamnett

Well, we'll leave it at that then.

Maybe more info when the league season proper starts.

Windsor had a few 1st teamers from last season but the team of 20 or so was mainly made up of trialists from what I could see and although 2 or 3 new faces looked decent enough most were clearly not up to the standard of CCLP.

Well, IMHO anyway.

I know one should not go to the early pre-season games expecting much as they are little more than a means of player assessment for the management but that was seriously uninspiring for the spectator yesterday.

Still, at least it didn't rain!

Perhaps based on the following of threads over the last year , Mr Nobber has a handle on Dorking FC . He always seems to be there or thereabouts , so given my imminent change of allegiance I would welcome his views on what is going on as he seems almost sensible by comparison to the persons behind the nonsense that usually comes out of the club. I am sumising you were the last manager or player of some note. Sorry Mr Nosher

An interesting theory, Mr. Giggles, but somehow, I don't think so.

I don't know if Nosher's big news was about the charity game both clubs have announced today.

Anyway Friday 29th July, pre season friendly against Mark Wright's Essex FC, using a combination of players and representatives from both Dorking clubs.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dorkingfc/news/tv-star-mark-wright-to-play-in-dorking-season-open-1641606.html

(other websites are available...)

Wood won their opening pre season friendly 6-2 against Banstead Athletic on Friday evening at a warm Wibbandune. The A's raced into a 2 goal lead in just 11 minutes with Taylor Maddox netting twice. Wood rallied to lead 4-2 at half time via a Sean Wright brace and goals from Mario Embalo and Joe Mead. Another brace, this time from Romario Hart in the second period sealed the win. Wood used 19 players with eight first team regulars from last season not available.

Wood won their second pre season friendly with a fine performance against Ryman League Ashford Town at Wibbandune on Tuesday evening. A super strike from Eli Ogunseye on 5 minutes paved the way in a hotly contested game of eight cautions. Ogunseye set up Sean White for another fine finish on 76 minutes and White returned the compliment on 86 minutes via a superb chipped pass which Ogunseye finished clinically. Wood used 17 players and look forward to Saturday's 3rd PSF against Eastbourne Town at Wibbandune at 3pm.

Edited by Chris Clapham

GoHaG - I might currently be involved for all you know! But some news you may find interesting. I had my spies at Windsor and they tell me Dorking has co-opted Richard Weber's Leatherhead under 21s and have the older Lunn boy back. Whether this means anything to you or not is up to you probably.

GoHaG - I might currently be involved for all you know! But some news you may find interesting. I had my spies at Windsor and they tell me Dorking has co-opted Richard Weber's Leatherhead under 21s and have the older Lunn boy back. Whether this means anything to you or not is up to you probably.

Sounds good to me !

Some pre-season games.

9   July.                Redhill  0 v 2  Chipstead.     @ Coulsdon College

12 July.                Redhill  2 v 1  Croydon FC.  @ Coulsdon College

16 July   Horsham YMCA 1 v 1  Redhill

19 July   Sittingbourne         v     Redhill

23 July   Crowborough         v     Redhill

26 July   Lancing                  v     Redhill

30 July   Crawley Down        v    Redhill

I know I was lectured previously about Dorking and their approach to pre season match reports but........ Anyone know yesterday's result. In the build up to the game the importance of playing Corinthian Casuals couldn't be stated enough so I'm a little surprised the result hasn't been published . Again!!!!!

Sorry Giggler, I know NOT myself, and that's unusual.

Edited by Big J R

Awaits Krooner. Sitting here with popcorn at the ready.

He's probably umpiring a village green cricket match somewhere.

I'd like to restate the club doesn't report friendlies

We advertise them as we like people to come enjoy chat watch etc.

Results really don't matter.

That having been said I think it may have been level st half time and constant rolling subs used by both sides. DFC lost by maybe 6-1?

Casuals bought in some decent players who made a difference.

I know a lot of pics were taken go google. Although I don't know if they are on net.

GoHaG. I'm hoing to assume you're genuine for a minute. You don't have to choose twixt Wanderers and DFC. Why not go down to the charity game and offer your help. The brief time you spend on here would benefit any non league club.

Jeff Hamnett