Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Friendlies

Maybe click on your own profile and look how you have attacked clubs on this forum and ask yourself why you bother wasting your time Instead of promoting non-league and the ccl in a positive light from my grasp on the situation without the people who run clubs there is no clubs regardless of your Opinion and lack of physical contribution.

My view on Psf are used to improve players and teams ,cement signings and team spirit and secure a foundation to go into the season ahead. regardless of results. That's my 10 pence.

I expect you'll recall us getting hammered by Horley last pre-season and another side, Wingback 2000.

Im advised we didn't report PSfs then, and as a club we didn't get too down over the results.

I can remember putting the result into perspective a few weeks later when Horley beat Camberley 5-0 away.

Look there's a debate to be had about reporting PSfs.

Colliers Wood and Epsom have two very ready willing and able guys to send out match reports we all look at and I think enjoy.

Lots of others don't.  We have such a guy (or two) but we aren't reporting the PSFs.

If anyone local wants to watch, do what I do, catch the 465 at 2.15 outside the White Horse.

Bit old school but better than looking at twitter to see how your side are doing. Not a dig at BJR but we aren't playing behind closed doors.

The other accusation that seems to be about is Dorking aren't reporting PSfs because we are losing.

We don't report PSFs as a club.  To be fair I can't remember us winning a PSF for some years, so I don't know if the rule gets broken on those occasions!

Like many others I guess I'm beginning to wish i never asked. By way of a response to several points that have been made , are we working on the basis that if you comment on this forum you are obliged to contribute your time to any given club and comment alone is not allowed. I would find it particularly difficult to contribute to any football club with the lack of available time at my disposal despite some having you believe that if you can type a comment you should offer your services ! Also I don't want to get involved any more than I do with Coventry City who I also follow.

As for not reporting pre season games , Dorking certainly did according to their website from 2012 / 2013 with in some cases not only the result but a brief report as well. It appears for some of those it may have been the previous manager although the name is spelt slightly differently.

In fact it seems only to be a recent decision to curtail this ,coinciding with the new owners coming in. Is there a reason behind this decision or do they not fully understand what an interested follower might want to know.

GoHaG you indicated you might offer your services if it wasn't for your island trips.

Just saying you could help even from Internet land it's not a pre requisite of posting.

I can advise that the new owners decided that playing out of town at Horley could mean the club got forgotten by the good people of Dorking so a high level of communication was needed. Twitter and website being a large part of that

As we move back into the "parish" the Twitter match feeds may drop off to goals, scorers subs.

As I've said many a time games are free to anyone to watch, results aren't secret but we aren't reporting PSFs.

Jeff Hamnerr

You lost 5 of first 6 league games last season? So that dont look good.

Dorking only got good when the new players like fast Dan and muscle Dan came.

Hope it dont take u that long this season to get going.

I expect you'll recall us getting hammered by Horley last pre-season and another side, Wingback 2000.

Im advised we didn't report PSfs then, and as a club we didn't get too down over the results.

I can remember putting the result into perspective a few weeks later when Horley beat Camberley 5-0 away.

Look there's a debate to be had about reporting PSfs.

Colliers Wood and Epsom have two very ready willing and able guys to send out match reports we all look at and I think enjoy.

Lots of others don't. We have such a guy (or two) but we aren't reporting the PSFs.

If anyone local wants to watch, do what I do, catch the 465 at 2.15 outside the White Horse.

Bit old school but better than looking at twitter to see how your side are doing. Not a dig at BJR but we aren't playing behind closed doors.

The other accusation that seems to be about is Dorking aren't reporting PSfs because we are losing.

We don't report PSFs as a club. To be fair I can't remember us winning a PSF for some years, so I don't know if the rule gets broken on those occasions!

Looks like DFC are back in the forum firing line again !!  :ph34r:

I think our results improved when we got Frimley Dan and Steely Dan, Wingback! Results picked up after the Vase game.

So our season last year didn't really get started til September, with a team quite different to the ones who played PSFs.

Probably 50% of the squad changed, which is one reason I don't hold too much store by friendly results.

Similar reason for the club too, but it's also out of respect to the players in some cases.

Let's say we reported that player X played first two friendlies then played no more for us.

Would we be having to say why he'd left, which might be not good enough, found a better offer, too many in his position, wrong attitude didnt like us, etc etc.

Also players might not want it announced they are trialling for Dorking when they've been playing or training elsewhere.

We might not want to advertise we''d got the next Ashley Nadesan on our books scoring 20 goals pre-season in case he gets poached.

So overall we've decided not to report on the matches, just to publicise them beforehand.

And we'll have to live with the consequences of upsetting our mate GoHaG.

If it's a debate you want then I will be happy to have a conversation with you at a game. If you have anything positive to add on a public forum then I would be more than happy to engage. If you just want to keep knocking clubs with no evidence of knowing what you are talking about nor any proven experience within the game then you keep flexing your muscles in your arena if it makes you feel good.

Being an official of a club is one thing, standing up to people that want to bad mouth hard working people and clubs would be a personal choice and nothing to do with my position in any club.

As stated above, happy to engage in a debate in an appropriate place.

Look, don't get the arse with me because you are incapable of reading or restraining yourself. I have knocked no club. I have knocked the notion that PSFs are NOT part of a club history. Pretty basic stuff to understand for someone with half a brain cell.

You on the other hand have decided to chime in and make some serious allegations. Going by your keyboard dribble you think I am one of the previous Dorking management team. I am not and for your sake hope they don't view this forum because I wouldn't want to be you when your paths next meet have made such an accusation.

I'll bow out of this thread because too many precious egos. Sorry for making you stain your underwear.

Edited by nosher

People biting over nothin. season ain't kicked off and some ppl going on like stress heads over the questioning of tweeting a score. Madness. someone wants to speak to whytie and tell him get his staff in line

Pre season is too build momentim an if ur loosin bad i recon the result does need to matter. That aint a dig too any teem. Colliers doing gd and they got loadz of last seasons dorking players and the managers so is worth mentoning. Don't take it negative big Jeff.

Wingback unlike you to get involved in forum banter,hows your Dad? Pre season is about trialing players for the start of the season surely.Interested in your Dorking comment loadz of Dorking players and Managers? One of the previous Managers,I personally would never give the time of day after he alledgely,got Meadowbank closed down.BE CARTEFUL.

Look, don't get the arse with me because you are incapable of reading or restraining yourself. I have knocked no club. I have knocked the notion that PSFs are NOT part of a club history. Pretty basic stuff to understand for someone with half a brain cell.

You on the other hand have decided to chime in and make some serious allegations. Going by your keyboard dribble you think I am one of the previous Dorking management team. I am not and for your sake hope they don't view this forum because I wouldn't want to be you when your paths next meet have made such an accusation.

I'll bow out of this thread because too many precious egos. Sorry for making you stain your underwear.

People biting over nothin. season ain't kicked off and some ppl going on like stress heads over the questioning of tweeting a score. Madness. someone wants to speak to whytie and tell him get his staff in line

Agree about the people getting upset over tweeting PSF scores, but why are you calling out Whytie for the second time?

Who he?  Marc White? Chris Wye?

All part of the problem of people posting and not saying who they are, and I think perhaps using one forum name for multiple users.

Look, I hope I'm friends with all current and ex Dorking players and staff, but these anonymous user names are causing problems.

This is supposed to be a CCL pre season friendly thread, but its getting dominated by a lower half CCL div one club and it's "followers"

I've used and abused this forum to say what I felt about Dorking FC but it was usually under Dorking threads and we knew who people were.

Can we leave this thread to normal PSF info and I'll start a separate DFC one?

Entirely up to you guys of course.

I think it is an issue being anon as other posters are second-guessing who people are.

So an anonymous poster like yourself wingback can post your valid view, but other forum contributors are assuming someone they know has posted it.

In the same way I'm guessing you believe some of the anon posters on here are DWfc people.

It seems you know me, WB, So Im guessing you are or were involved with DFC, or DWfc or perhaps Horley.

If I do know you, Id prefer to know who I was in discussion with.