Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New predictions

Prem-

1, Hertford, 2 Hadley (especially now they're back at home), 3 Cockfosters

Comments: Leverstock Green to have a much, much improved season.

Div 1-

Baldock, Harpenden, Langford, Ampthill.

Comments: Baldock a very strong side, I think Langford could do it if they believe and start well and don't take 2 months to adapt. Brimsdown to surprise a few this year, if they manage to maintain stability.

Div 2:

Both Bradwell sides, and I'm hearing lots of Hale Leys players have gone to Thame so will chuck them in too. Pitstone always a handy side too. Without Kents & Hale Leys this division is much wider open than before

Prem - WGC, Edgware, Hadley.

WGC made some very good signings over the summer. Think it's there's to lose. My Surprise is St Margaretsbury. Got some good players over there now.

Div 1 - Biggleswade (the new one), Harpenden, Baldock

Biggleswade will be too strong for Div 1. The lads can play.

Div2- take your pick out of the Bradwells. From there the leagues too open.

Prem

WGC to win it. Anything less with that budget has to be classed as failure.

Hertford second, obviously a very strong squad.

Berko third.

Hoping for a top 6 finish for Hoddy after a summer of rebuilding.

Looking forward to the season

Jono.

I have seen you refer to this WGC budget several times now. I'm intrigued to know how much it is?

I guess it depends on your definition of big. There is a clear difference between big and limitless.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Evening, i said we had a competitive budget and yes 100% should be competing at the top but as I have said in previous posts, we have had players leave for more money elsewhere in this league FACT, we have signed players from this level and above that were offered more money at other clubs in this league and at step 4 FACT. It's short sightedness and naive but also disrespectful in my opinion to think players at this level only care about the money! We have won 3 trophies in 2 years, we have won best hospitality, club of the year and now have some superb facilities going in. Has this all been done overnight?? No it's taken a lot of very hard work on and off the pitch over 5 years to create these opportunities. I'm sure if other clubs had a 3G facility going in then they would use some of the income towards a budget! Are clubs not allowed to try and progress through hard work and enjoying the benefits from it. We choose to be honest about it and that's our choice if other clubs don't then fine as well that's their choice. There are a lot of top notch sides in the league some with more money then us and some with none! But so what let's see how it pans out and enjoy it

All great points Mr Fish but why so shouty?

Nobody is having a pop! This thread is entitled predictions, and I predict that your fine team and club will be sitting proud at the top of the table come May because you have managed to attract some very talented players. I can only applaud those who have worked hard to secure Welwyns infrastructure, facilities and budget. It's certainly a club on the up and I think we would all be surprised should you not be rewarding your loyal supporters with Step 4 football this time next year.

Bravo!

Another frank and open post from ssml's very own Brendan Rodgers. Has to be admired in my opinion. One point I don't agree with is the constant 'some players turned down more money elsewhere" shout. It's kind of irrelevant as we all know different players get offered different amounts, so whereas you may have had a player turn down more money and come to you for (fractionally) less, you may also have players you deem more important that you're paying way more to than another club could/would. 

I agree to a point in what you say regarding players only caring about money. Players at this level love the football and the money is a bonus. But it's the ones who drop down to play who do just care about the money. If you can pick up more money in the ssml than 2/3 levels up for easier games and less travelling it's a no-brainer to them. Your BJ Christie's have been doing it for time (expect to see him in a berko shirt in the very near future).

Other than that, I like your post. Your club has been open about what it's got and you've all worked hard to get there. Wish some other clubs would be more open when they're flashing the cash.

Evening, i said we had a competitive budget and yes 100% should be competing at the top but as I have said in previous posts, we have had players leave for more money elsewhere in this league FACT, we have signed players from this level and above that were offered more money at other clubs in this league and at step 4 FACT. It's short sightedness and naive but also disrespectful in my opinion to think players at this level only care about the money! We have won 3 trophies in 2 years, we have won best hospitality, club of the year and now have some superb facilities going in. Has this all been done overnight?? No it's taken a lot of very hard work on and off the pitch over 5 years to create these opportunities. I'm sure if other clubs had a 3G facility going in then they would use some of the income towards a budget! Are clubs not allowed to try and progress through hard work and enjoying the benefits from it. We choose to be honest about it and that's our choice if other clubs don't then fine as well that's their choice. There are a lot of top notch sides in the league some with more money then us and some with none! But so what let's see how it pans out and enjoy it

Players play for managers in this league not money.... Only have to look at the hoddesdon/Hertford debacle, lets talk about budget at welwyn, 2 players played for standon and puckeridge last year, 3 players followed the two assistants from Colney (who have never had money) so why change now???

Its about wanting to stay competitive, Joel Norris gone back the the club he loves (might be something to also do with his brother being assistant), the list goes on. Keep banging on about welwyn, and worry about growing your own clubs to move forward. This season will prove to be exciting as many, but more so for the keyboad warriors who's comments rely on the gold nugget.