Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Corey

OldTowner

A two year deal is brilliant news for Corey.

Best wishes for the future.

Now

Town need a replacement for Corey ( and Bobby ) that can excite the supporters and score some goals !

Can imagine many Towner's being very disappointed by this announcement, coming a week before the start of the new season.

Corey has been outstanding for Town, and everyone will wish him well at D&R, but the loss of our two top strikers will give much cause for concern, unless we already have adequate cover, or quality replacements lined up.

We have produced some good performances and results in the pre-season friendlies, but the serious business starts next Saturday, and we need to get off to a flyer. Hopefully we will, but it would be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts on these departures.

A great move for Corey. The Daggers are a club who have signed players from lower leagues in the past and they have moved onto bigger and better things. Under John Still he'll be a fantastic player..

No doubting in my mind that Brad would of planned for Corey leaving prior to the season starting.... and he'll have the team ready and raring to go next Saturday...

Hope you are right Cold End.

I have a feeling the longer it went on, the more Brad was hoping for a "stay" decision.

Clearly a 2 year contract and some stability for Corey is great for him.

But, we need one or two goal scorers up front to play with Harry.

There are Local teams with proven goal scorers, so let's see what comes next.

I still maintain this will be a tough league / season and goal scorers will be worth their weight in gold, but if we want to push up to Confirm South we will have to find him / them and soon.

EU, I don't see any of those mentioned being the answer to our need for a goal scorer.

Harry will work all day and support but is not going to bag 25 goals.

The others are either young, lightweight or inexperienced or midfielders.

The squad has a great selection in midfield, not up front.

I agree with OT...Don't forget we lost 5 out of 6 games at the start of last season when Corey and Vilcu were not available.We have to go the whole season now without either..In my opinion the squad has been weakened by the comings and goings this close-season.We needed to keep last seasons best players and just bring in one or two new players to strengthen.We have brought in the one or two,but were not able to hold onto the best players.Make or break season for Brad i feel.Need one of the fringe strikers to step up and become prolific, or sign a new potent striker.Otherwise we are going to badly struggle for goals

Presumably Corey wasn't on any kind of contract so we don't get anything for his departure (apart from his wages/expenses off the wage bill)?

I agree with Lovely Stuff that this season is a big one for Brad. He's either got to get something unexpectedly special out of the remaining strikers of find someone to fill the Corey-void ASAP. Perhaps a Scott McGleish-type player with some experience behind him?

Goals win games and we have no natural finisher in the squad to get us 25 a season. I'm not worried at this stage but if promotion and play-offs as a minimum is the aim, I don't feel we are currently strong enough as a squad to achieve that. It is however a long season and I'm sure Bradley now has some playing budget to play with and hopefully get some proven players in but aside from Billy Crook, Bradley doesn't have a proven record of signing proven RP or conf south level players. Young players are all well and good but we definitely need an experienced forward.

Good luck to Corey

CD Towner... to say Brad has no record of signing proven RP or CS players is very harsh in my opinion -

Bobby Devyne -Signed by Brad now playing in National League South

Nathan Mcdonald - Signed by Brad and I would say arguably one of the best keepers at Ryman Level...

Claudio Vilciu - Signed by Brad now playing national league South for Stortford

Aryan Taj - Signed by Brad now in League Two with Crawley Town

I'm sure their are many more...

I agree we need a 20+ goalscorer but they are very hard to find and very expensive in wage terms...

Fair comments Cold End.

It is always unsettling to lose quality players in the run-up to a new season, as previous posts concern, particularly in relation to our strike-power up front.

The Ryman Premier Division is a tough old league. There's not much to choose between the top teams, and this season is looking more unpredictable than ever. We have gone close to clinching promotion in the past two seasons, and with a strong squad of players, there is no reason why it can't be third time lucky.

Think we will be harder to beat this season, but we need a good start, to avoid playing catch-up again, and we certainly need strikers capable of tucking away chances. Bobby and Corey did really well for the Club, but they have moved on, and we need to do the same. Replacements of that calibre are hard to find, but its not impossible, and no doubt Brad is already on the case.