Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Perennial issue.

andyetfc

Regarding the 3G pitch.That was spoken about over a year ago and was to be in the corner of the playing fields near the A10.To be used by ETFC for training,as well as by the community.

Regarding supporters.Those supporters that just pay £10 every home game to watch the team should be valued.As should those who pay for a member share.As should those who donate monthly to the club.As should those who volunteer their time to help the club.They are all important.Every supporters views are as valid and relevant as the next supporter,whatever category(s) they fall into.

So when some fans get annoyed when others bring up certain topics for discussion and accuse them of 'telling the club what to do'.Other fans get annoyed by just being told all the time to 'why don't you volunteer then'.The beauty of a supporter owned and run club is that we can debate and discuss ways to help keep the club improving and getting stronger.

Edited by lovely stuff

In terms of a 3G pitch, I fully understand the operational issues surrounding such a facility as I was instrumental in developing the one over in Colindale. Yes, it has to be cleaned on a regular basis, and I know how much it costs. Put all this in a business plan and pay to have it cleaned from the income generated through hires. Simple as you then don't need to ask volunteers to do the work. It's great that the club has a core of volunteers, and yes, there's always a need for more, but people do have other things to do with their lives.

I agree totally that people have other things to do in their lives than committing to voluntary hours at ETFC, that's why I came on the seen as a 'tagger on' only 13 and not 15 years ago.

However on one hand the suggestion of investing £100'sk in a 3G pitch at the QE is the kind of flippant comment made without fully realising our mechanism at the stadium.

'Hire it out' sounds great except you can't on Tuesday's Thursday evenings and Saturday Sunday mornings because the running track is used by athletic club/s. So it's a non starter,

I personally think the club is run brilliantly by true community hero's that have ETFC to the core of their hearts in a constructed 'fans owned scheme' and as you've said a few more volunteers for midweek games and general matters wouldn't go a miss.

The last two seasons has seen us very nearly qualifying for a play off spot at step 3 level, that is admirable success on its own, let's hope we can go one better this season.

I don't think I ever said investing £100'sk as I know the club does not have the funds as it still has debts.

As for the athletes. You never know, they may train somewhere else in the future. The current council is looking to reduce its running costs and cutting services left, right and centre and needs to generate all the funds it can get. Maybe, just maybe..... Anyway, what happened to my original posting of under 18s using the pitch? Signing off.

I wasn't aware that ETFC were being asked to fund any 3G pitch.From looking at the original plans,i presumed the council (or outside funding) would pay to build it and we would have main 'dibs' in using it ,with the facility also being used by the community as a whole.

Can also not see how athletics or even home games on the QE would interfere with the use of the 3G pitch ,if it is situated where originally planned..Ie.well away from the QE in the corner of the playing field next to the A10 .

I wasn't aware that ETFC were being asked to fund any 3G pitch.From looking at the original plans,i presumed the council (or outside funding) would pay to build it and we would have main 'dibs' in using it ,with the facility also being used by the community as a whole.

Can also not see how athletics or even home games on the QE would interfere with the use of the 3G pitch ,if it is situated where originally planned..Ie.well away from the QE in the corner of the playing field next to the A10 .

LS.The proposed 3G pitch in the corner of the playing field is a Council project.