Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Low attendances

Wivenhoe Urchin

I've just been looking at the results in our league today and although I know the attendances in the ryman north overall are poor compared to others, I thought they seemed lower than usual today.

When calculating the average attendance I got exactly 91.

Any ideas on improvements clubs can make to attract more fans and any more we can do to boost our own?

Interestingly despite some people saying we are not getting the fans we seem to be in the top 3 on attendances so far!

Unfortunately, we've been here before with this subject. There's other forms of entertainment competing with football clubs and I'm not sure how non league can deal with that. All I think we can do is look at what other clubs are doing but it will take someone to put the effort in to make those ideas happen for us.

If you look at the attendances for Ryman North last Saturday Hornchurch had the highest attendance for the day. Its the way non league is going now a days.

Gone are the days of 200 at a reserve game when I was at school.

Archived