Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup v Amber's

Sweetnicker

Its all smoke and mirrors at Cheshunt fc at the moment..'We haven't got a fanbase to generate revenue,so let allow someone to build a 3g pich and try to survive on the rent generated.' 'Lets allow a construction company to build a big estate of flats on our ground,then they will build us a little stadium behind it as a thank you for making them so much money through selling the flats'..So revenue without needing any fans and a stadium with no fans to fill it'.Is this a football club or a business opportunity?

What a load of rubbish LS our club was thriving before the 3g pitch was there as we do have 2 very good function halls which are very well used. As for try to survive i think you need to look closer to home pal, i did hear from a couple of disgruntled Town fans that there were collection buckets at your bank holiday game trying to raise funds for your club.

What do you mean by 'Lets allow a construction company to build a big estate of flats on our ground,then they will build us a little stadium behind it as a thank you for making them so much money through selling the flats'. This is the owner of the club you are talking about who is very much a football man who goes home and away watching the team, yes he is a business man and he also has the clubs interests at heart, before he took over we were in a lot of debt and now we are very much in the black.

The future is bright the future is Amber!!.........i do detect there is a hint of envy in your post LS.

As it was only the second match of the season played at home yes it was the biggest although the crowd was bigger away to Waltham Abbey. I just hope all your multitude of fans put plenty of coppers in the collection buckets, hows your function rooms doing by the way?

Enjoying the banter but back to the game for a short while!

Wasn't perfect by any stretch last night - far too many passes going astray - but credit where it's due, after what we've been fed in recent weeks that was a significant improvement. The players worked very hard - a battling performance above all else - none more so than Dernell. He had a tough time of it early on but kept going and, as with most strikers, goals bring confidence, was really pleased for him, he deserved that.

Good to see Harry on the scoresheet and an exciting cameo from the new striker Tony Mendy. Looked a natural striker, I love to see strikers wanting to shoot at every opportunity, very unlucky to hit the post with his first shot within a minute of coming on. Assured performance from Brad as one of 3 central defenders too - and he had a significant hand in that all important first goal.

Good to hear Fruitbat from the other side of the pitch - a proper football supporter who must put the fear of God into referees. We know you're an Enfield man at heart, Fruitbat!

Glad to hear that Cheshunt's money man is a proper supporter too - a word of caution, so was Tony Lazarou until the FA pissed him off by stopping us being promoted after we'd won the league. We're all aware of the limitations of our supporter owned model - and not ashamed to raise funds for our club at every opportunity.  

So collecting pennies in buckets huh.?? Now that looks like desperate stuff to me. My guess is your aging fan base are paying concessionary entrance fee's. ,that's your problem hah hah. I reckon it could be a case of crawling back to brimmo for you Townies here. But look on the bright side at least you can go 50/50 again not that it did Brimmo much good. Btw what's this Enfield boro about ?. Are you preparing for the day of doom . I shall be watching with anticipation lmao..

Didn't see them Tuesday . Was it past their bedtime. ?? Or was they doing their home work

They prefer going to decent games with some atmosphere..Ie.the ones where the other team have some fans to compete against them.They probably looked that it was Cheshunt and thought i wasn't worth it,especially in a minor cup game.Probably considered it a reserve fixture.

Edited by lovely stuff

LS I have been reading, with some amusement your exchanges with Albury_Walker. You are an intelligent guy, do you really want to spend your precious time playing ping-pong with childish comments on a minor cup competition? There are much bigger fish to fry,so why not drop it and move on.

In all seriousness Cheshunts off pitch development is a potential carbon copy of Boreham Woods. BWFC at best had about 50-100 home gates at step 4-3 and some 2 home games. But generate good income due to its college/function rooms and close ties with Arsenal and other top pro clubs as well as a football business man.

Question is-how much will Cheshunts business man put back into a playing budget in comparison to BWFC and how much in his pocket? He may feel the club runs on its football generated income only.

Money men tend to want to make money. And if they can incorporate a ground for Cheshunt fc within their housing and function-venue project, then why not do it.It makes getting planning permission to develop the site for housing a damn site easier if nothing else.

Seriously though i hope it works out for them.The loyal supporters there deserve it.It will also be good for the local community to have good training facilities and modern stadia in the borough.Only time will tell what the real motivation is.

Edited by lovely stuff

Compared to the people we have had running the club before i trust Lee the do the right thing for Cheshunt FC and the local community. As i mentioned before the club was in a lot of debt when he took over and could easily have folded if it carried on losing money. As for the playing budget there is no point just chucking money at it, the players we have want to play for Cheshunt and they are a tight knit bunch, we are looking to go further as a club but there is no rush and myself as well as the other fans are more than happy with what is going on.

I read your report AT and have no complaints at the result we were second best not going to deny that.

Anyway thanks for the banter onwards and upwards for both clubs and i'm sure we will meet again.