Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
littlehampton

Enfield Town v Hendon

Over the years there has always been something extra special about north London derby matches with Hendon, and they are always eagerly anticipated by both sets of supporters.

Tomorrow afternoon will be no different, when Gary McCann brings the Greens to face Town at the QE2 Stadium, in what promises to be another close, very exciting Ryman Premier Division clash.

Town, with a number of new faces in the squad, will be looking to build on their much improved performance at Staines on Tuesday evening, and will need to be at their best to overcome a Hendon side, who have produced some good away results this season, not least when they saw off Dulwich Hamlet 2-0 at Champion Hill in the FA Cup last weekend.

So, all to play for tomorrow, and a thrilling match in prospect. Very best of luck to Brad and the boys as they battle to secure a win and three much needed points.

Let's hear your thoughts on the match and the outcome.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

GOAL!

Harry Ottaway has the ball in the net early in the game, but it is ruled out for offside.

But its first blood to Town as Percy Kiangebeni puts them in front in the 23rd minute.

Wynter and Ottaway make it 4-0 56th and 58th minute but a penalty to hendon in 60th minute   Saved!!

Edited by seemgee

Full Time: Enfield Town 6-0 Hendon

What an afternoon at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium. Who could have predicted that score!

It is not often (if at all) that Enfield have knocked SIX past Hendon, now or in the past. Is this our best result since we were promoted to the Ryman Premier Division? One thing for sure, this is an outstanding achievement against a decent side, so congratulations and very well done to Brad and the lads.

Sure there will be plenty of comments on this match, so over to you folk!

Wow ! Saturday afternoons don't get any better than that ! After enduring 40 minutes of the durge that was on show last Saturday, this was was a really welcome pick me up. From the first minute, we were at them passing the ball well and quickly and when not in possession we were always pressing, for the whole game ! Hendon weren't a bad team, they just came up against an unbeatable team today. Their keeper will probably come in for some stick but they were SIX quality goals. Favourite goal is a tough one, possibly the first as it was Percy's first but for me it was Dernell's , who had to win two 60/40 challenges to have the chance of scoring his goal. Got to mention Nathan Macdonald who had little to do except save his third penalty of the season ! Man of the match ? Albeit Kirbs got it, each player gave a 10/10 performance for me, I'd have given it to Brad for getting his mojo back !

Can't wait for Tuesday.

The old Enfield best Hendon 6-0 around 41 years ago. I remember it as it was the first game I took Sheila to a game. It was an evening kick off and the old stadium had a bank at the entrance to the east end.

I have to say that some of the posts on the Hendon forum are a little clueless - but I guess thats what emerges following a proper spanking!

Town weren't perfect yesterday, but much improved. Yes, they could've conceded, but at the same time always looked likely to score more than the opposition.

Dernell was awesome. I think that the loss of Corey and absence of Bobby may just be the making of this young man. He ran his nuts off, chased and harried, and was rewarded with his goal. If he can push on from here he won't only be the first name on the teamsheet, but he'll be interesting teams much higher up the pyramid.

Billy Crook dictated play beautifully from the centre of the park - dare I say it, like a young Brad Quinton?!

Percy - very much a rough diamond, but he's certainly got some talent. Not sure where Vilcu was, but I wonder whether Percy could play on the right where Tyler played yesterday with Vilcu and Kirby in the middle? Either way, I'm not sure you can leave Percy out after an all-action display like that!

I like the look of our left flank - alot! Ricky and Samir were solid at the back and a constant threat going forward.

Kier Dickson was everywhere. He played some awesome balls to Dernell and Harry. His delivery was brilliant all afternoon. He thoroughly deserved his goals.

...if only we actually started playing properly before the last week of September!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

Achieve my first goal, no pun intended, and got to the ground to see the match.

I think that CC  summation of the game was extremely fair. Cannot understand where the Hendon

supporters excuses are coming from. Rather than blaming the pitch etc, they should be asking their manager why he put out a defence of 6FT+  giant defenders who showed very little mobility when confronted by a pacey attack.  Unfortunately this is the bane of English football in that big means good,

and begins invariably at school boy level, I sometimes wonder what would have happened to Messi, Corzola etc  if they had been English.

I also wonder what they thought of their last years host's ( Harrow Bor. ) pitch. Presumably this was why they lost so many games last year.  It must have declined badly as in the previous year they almost secured promotion.

No, yesterday the better side on the day won, plus it did help that I was there. I can' remember seeing Hendon beat us for years. I believe it was back in the 60s at Wembley.

Following which we gained about half of their team starting with Terry Howard. Can't see any I would want from their current team, except perhaps the guy on the left wing.

If luck will have it I hope to be there next week, but each day at a time.

By the way CC it was announced about last Thursday that Claudio had been released hence his absence.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I thought it was a flat and lacklustre performance from Hendon and our team had somethings to prove as well as still being unbeaten at Donkey Lane.

I was delighted for Brad and the team, hopefully 2 more home wins this week and we'll be looking at some upcoming 6 pointers for play off positions.

The next game will interesting in seeing how we do

Edited by Enfield United