Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merstham v Enfield Town

littlehampton

After a fixture-free week, following last weekends draw with Dulwich, Town travel over to Merstham tomorrow on the back of a six-match unbeaten run.

Merstham currently stand 13th in the Ryman Premier Division table, two places behind Town with a game in hand, and have produced some excellent home results in recent weeks, including a 6-1 win over Grays, a 5-0 thumping of Harrow Borough, and a 5-3 victory against Tonbridge Angels. On Tuesday they came down to the south coast, fired blanks, and lost 1-0 at Worthing.

They are having a great run, and have banked some very useful money in The Emirates FA Cup, where they have progressed to the 4th Qualifying Round, hosting an attractive home tie next Saturday (15th) against Ebbsfleet United. We wish them well!

Town can expect a hard game tomorrow and will need another high-energy performance to get a result. Last season we drew 2-2 with Merstham at the QE2, before travelling over to Surrey and registering a convincing 4-0 win at the Moatside Stadium, back in April. A repeat would be nice!

Very best of luck to Brad and the boys in this match. Let's have another quality performance to bring home the points.

See you there!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Not sure what the possession count was but we appeared to be on top in the first half BUT as usual, gave away a stupid goal from poor mistake at the back.

O if only we could defend these silly goals.

Still had the problem of not being able to convert the chances.

In my opinion.....Harry star of half, but we go in 0-1.

Much of the same 2nd half.

Merstham lively, fast going forward and very direct.

Late change with Tom, Mickey and Bobby on.

Much improved

Then

80 mins another soft goal.

Still pressure from Town.

Bobby goal, Pushing forward, Rikky goal, pushing forward.

2-2.

For me the interesting point will be what Brad does with selection next Sat.

If change of player and shape of team had changed at half time, Town may well of won this one.

Onwards and upwards.

Really enjoyed this match, thought we gave a good account of ourselves against a decent side, and believe we could / should have won the match, but for conceding a pretty soft goal, and allowing them a second (a good strike) from a defensive error. Town have definitely improved, and if we can tighten up at the back, and start snapping up more of the chances going begging, we will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the second half of the season. I agree with OT and EU's comments, but well done to the boys in fighting back and getting something from this match, when it looked a lost cause. Proves it is never over until the fat lady sings!

Also, good to see so many of the loyal Town faithful at the match yesterday. I guess they, like Sue and I, went home relieved and happy after an entertaining game, and a very welcome well earned point.

Archived