Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Wingate & Finchley

littlehampton

Looking at the RPD table, I must say I was shocked to see that we have only won three of our thirteen League matches played to date. Couple that with an early exit in the money-spinning FA Cup, and you can understand why supporters are getting a little disillusioned just two months into the new season.

The revolving door has been very active in recent weeks with a lot of comings and goings, and new faces in and out of the team. Call me old fashioned, but I was under the impression that most transfer business, aimed at strengthening our first team squad, is conducted in the close season. I don't believe we will ever get a settled team if we are continually chopping and changing players. Surely by now we should have a pretty good idea of our first choice eleven, with adequate cover for each position.

Tomorrow nights match against Kingstonian provides an ideal opportunity to show how far we have progressed. They lost yesterday at Folkestone, and have only won 50% of their home matches to date. For our part, we have yet to win away from home in the League, but have a better goal difference than the K's, who are a few places above us in the table.. Both teams will be looking to bounce back after defeats yesterday, and the outcome will be decided by who wants it the most. I hope it is us!

Cannot disagree with last couple of posts.

Who are your best eleven

What formation would you play with the squad we now have.

Why o why to we just punt it down the middle.

What is wrong with playing wide round the back of opposition defence.

Don't start on about Corey - he has gone.

This squad needs to stand up and fight.

Worrying situation.Brad has had a full season and a full pre-season to mould a settled side and system of play...Signing numerous players well into the season (of various and sometimes dubious quality) doesn't bode well.Also his ability to seeminly fall out with the best players in the squad does not help either.

Let keep a settled back four.Put Lockie back a right-back.I would put Purcell centre-mid as a partner for Crook.Samir and Tyler wide,with Ottoway and a partner up top.Lets just try playing with the same formation and same line-up for a few games.

Edited by lovely stuff

As I see it there seems that we have a one set of good attacking technical midfield players who want the ball to feet and to influence the game that way and defenders and defensive midfielders playing long and high to Harry and channels. I know what I prefer - but whatever the plan A is the players have to understand and it has to be stuck to.

If it is not working then they should all be able to revert to a different approach.

Have to agree with LS. I am concerned that Jordan was not even on the bench on Saturday.

It seems that Tyler is our best wide player but even he seems to move inside on one of his runs.

Ottaway needs a good goal scoring partner or I have to say he is a luxury if there isn't one.

I know it is a bit left field but I would consider moving Kirby to the front line providing there is

adequate cover at the back. He made a run on Saturday which could have come off. Jordon played centre half

in the friendly against Dagenham.

Jordan was there pre match

I thought I heard that Jordan left the ground as his partner was close to having their baby.

Sure someone can confirm any official news.

"Most" supporters appear to have a very similar opinion on who would be our best selection and the preferred formation, capitalising on certain players skills.

We all think we are a Manager - most supporters at all levels do !!!

To be fair a lot of supporters have vastly more experience of watching non-league football and all its various formations and tactics than any current manager does..Ok managers normally have more experience playing at the level.But fans with thousands of games under their belts (over 30/40/50 years) can sometimes see things and have certain ideas of how to rectify a problem, than a young manager may have at the start of his career.

Edited by lovely stuff

This is why is was useful when George was in charge alongside Brad. He brought experience along with the ability to motivate....oh, and more than a little controversy!

I'm not sure about putting Kirbs up front. Don't you remember Steve Newing's Kirby Experiment when he fielded him up top? It really really didn't work.

We need to keep the ball on the deck, play with wingers or wing-backs - Jordan and Ricky perhaps? And we could do with finding the next Corey.

There ya go, problems solved!

There was very little semi-professional football in the 5O's when I played. We

were Amateurs, or supposed to be. But the equipment was different and some pitches hardly had a blade of grass on them, but the game was the same, except for

substitutes. What is different is the attitude of the managers and coaches.

As I said earlier, they have made a simple game into a difficult one. So I will

repeat what I have already said, a defender's prime job is to be able to defend

and a forwards must be able to attack. In between you have the half backs

( mid-fielders), the power house of any team and as such must be able to do both.

Until a team adheres to these basic disciplines all the new fangled talk about

playing in different formations etc. must be secondary.

WE all agree that we lost to a poor team on Saturday but again I must say that

they were still more disciplined than us. So when I say play ugly, I don't mean

kick the hell out of the other team, but to know when to attack and when to

defend.

Lets hope that Brad has had a sharp talk with one or two who are intent on going

Gung-ho so that they give others a chance to show their abilities and come home

with a win.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals