Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian v Enfield Town

littlehampton

From what I read, more than I had hoped for. A very brave gesture by Brad to put

himself in the firing line. It is obvious that his influence on the pitch brought out the best in the players. Unfortunately, we can't expect him to put in an

appearance to often but it shows that with leadership comes discipline.

However, it was not all rubbish written since Saturday. Too many supporters aired

the same legitimate concerns. Let's hope that Brad can exert the same influence

off the pitch. It is now up to the players.

Now they have the taste of winning away let's hope we can enjoy with them the same feeling on Saturday.

And after all the rubbish talk following our equally rubbish performance on Saturday we are on a run of about 1 defeat in the last 6-7 games and in 8th place.

We however do need a golden nugget new signing or two to replace the missing quality we had with Claudio and Corey's

EU whilst I fully understand the euphoria after an excellent performance and result last night, and we want more of the same against Canvey Island on Saturday, think you are being a bit frivolous, dismissing supporters genuine concerns as rubbish talk, after last Saturdays proverbial 'Rocky Horror Show'. We all want success for the Town, and will give credit where it is due, but everyone is entitled to express an opinion, and make constructive criticism, where applicable.

Think most people would probably agree that we still need to add a couple of quality signings, but not sure where we are going to find the golden nuggets to pay for them!

I use the word 'rubbish' to help put everything in one 'file' but I'll explain-

After Saturday's game there were , in my opinion, awful comments which included Bradley's ability, his policy of signings and whether he should remain as manager. Some regard this as supporters 'opinions' fair enough, I call it rubbish talk, equally fair? If not why not?.

Prior to Saturday's debacle we were on an unbeaten run including draws with promotional candidates Dulwich (should have won) at the time form team Staines and FA Cup first rounders Merstham, we also smashed Hendon for 6 and beat a good Met Police team 1-0 who tonight won 2-1 at Havant. We then do the double over Kingstonian.

So although we read opinions, there is some rubbish said/written both post Wingate game on this forum and on social websites, hope I'm being clearer with a more detailed explanation rather than coming across too rude and obnoxious to some.

Littlehampton- finding golden nuggets will need what others criticise as revolving door, we identify, trial, play and judge, why keep someone if it doesn't work out?

We've signed Dickson, Percy, Mendy this season using that policy and Bobby, Claudio and Gabriel in the past. Nothing different to other clubs at our level who seek to find another star player with the limited resources.

Bottom line is, we need to be realistic with our comments and club capabilities.

After tonight's games we are 9th, that's a Mo Farah position with about 25+ laps to go.

COYTOWNERS

I think the comments on this forum are mostly always fair..They highlight when a performance is not good enough and praise a spirited or worthy performance.

Yes,we had an unbeaten run before Wingate,but we also had an unwinning run before that.Kingstonian was our first away victory all season and we had won 4 of 14 games in the league so far.So for me,that start isn't what we were hoping for at the beginning  of the season,I've read back all the posts about the wingate game and i certainly don't see any rubbish being spoken.

Yes,we have to be realistic with regard to our budget .But as we have been in the top 6 for the last few seasons on the same budget.Realistically that sort of finish is hoped for (or expected) again.Maybe even slightly better if we can get a settled starting 11 and settled system and way of playing worked out.I think the frustration has come from once again having a poor start to the season and not learning from the seasons before that when we had to constantly play catch-up after a poor start.

I haven't seen any of the supporters on this forum criticize players individually or call for the manager to go.And rightly so.But raising concerns or offering opinions is still a vaild.

Key point is we had 6 different players on Monday and more importantly a different approach championed by Brad playing good passing football from the back for the most part.

We have good young technical players who, if we play with confidence and trust can compete with any team in the league. While some can clearly mix it if necessary our advantage is technical not physical.

As for the key players some are expecting Brad to find. May be he already has.

On to canvey

EU thanks for your thoughtful comments. LS and Beardsleyesque have already posted some perfectly valid points in reply. You and I know each other reasonably well, so I hope you, and others, will take on board the concerns and issues raised, in the spirit in which they are intended.

Non-league football at our level is a tough old business, particularly on a tight budget, and you don't always get what you deserve. We have been desperately unlucky not to have clinched promotion in the past couple of seasons, and everyone involved with our club has high hopes and expectations for the present campaign. It is a results business and, yet again, for whatever reason(s),we inexplicably have made another slow start, and find ourselves needing a good run of results, to close the gap and keep up with the pace-setters.

That said, think most fair minded supporters would agree that Brad and his management team are doing a good job, working within the constraints of limited resources.

Hopefully, we are now getting much closer to fielding a settled team, capable of inspiring supporters and delivering success.

Edited by littlehampton