Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Tonbridge Angels

littlehampton

Tonbridge have some really good players... a real physical side who should of been at least 2 up at HT. We looked narrow in the first half relying on Harry's knock downs and hold ups too much I think. Second half when Tyler got the ball wide on the left and took on their number 2 it was much better.

They slowed the game down loads in the second half... I thought their keeper was doing the Manaquien challenge when he was taking his goal kicks.

Credit to all the team who really put in a shift and never gave up. I thought their centre back pairing of Beavan and Miles were decent and with Elder's experience up front if they don't finish in the top five it'll be a massive under achievement for them.

I actually arrived 20 mins in. We played two up front again rather than the three we usually play.

From when I arrived the first half seemed very even. I imagine we were overrun before I got there because we seemed in the ascendency by half time. In fact if Tyler had passed having made great runs in the first half we could have gone in level.

In the second half I though we were the better team and made some incisive attacks particularly in the last 20 minutes. Dernell hit the post, Tyler missed a great chance and a number of people missed chances in a goal mouth scramble. They had a couple of chances but when we scored it was well deserved.

This is a good quality squad of players who will continue to improve. All the young lads were in the bench today and made an impact when they came on.

Agree with the last poster, first half we didn't turn up and should have been more than 1-0 down. Much better second half but we didn't really test their keeper, the few shots that we had were always straight at the keeper. Credit where it's due, the boys never gave up and stole an equalizer at the death, I'm convinced that the ball didn't cross the line and I was behind the goal ! In the last week we've taken 4 points off two very good teams who will be in the mix at the end of the season. Roll on Tuesday !

Edited by SeasideTowner

Tonbridge should've won the game after 15 minutes but shut up shop once they'd taken the lead, very strange and negative.

They were a physically strong group with their number 11 player of the first half, both attacking and defensive wise.

To be fair we then dominated possession for 70-75 minutes and only created 3-4 chances at best. Our desire and belief got us a point at the death whereas our lack of quality execution of play cost us on the day

For me their number 4 stood out. For us releasing the ball at the right time once we get passed a defender in the box is the issue. Bobby and Tyler often drove in and just needed a little pull back rather than taking the next guy on. Nearly there we will give someone a hiding soon. I am glad we stood up to the physicality and still tried to play.

As to whether or not it was a goal means nothing as it was given. The truth is that we

rode our luck and we got away with it. Give thanks for small mercies.I also think that

our opponents contributed to their loss of 2 more points trying to slow the game down

much too early. But that's their own fault.

However, yesterdays draw once again only papered over our cracks as we seemed to have no sense of a game plan other than to stay deep and hit long balls up Harry O to lay off.

There is nothing wrong with this strategy, if it is applied correctly, but should be used only when he has support around him. Unfortunately too often it happens when he is

completely isolated and gets gobbled up by the oppositions defence.

Also, why do we always play so narrow. It was not until the last ten minutes that we

opened up our game and let our fast runners have license to run wide. It has worked on a number of occasions but seems to be only done as a last resort.

I probably expect too much and with that said, I look forward to two wins in the coming

week, what ever happens I will still be there, with hope and expectation!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Totally agree with most of the comments regarding the game. I thought the game changed after about 25 minutes at which point Tyler played further forward and started getting on the ball. He was outstanding Saturday and over the last 60 minutes was the difference between the teams. Over the last 2 seasons that 'difference' often came from Corey and as we all know we have really missed him this year. I just get the feeling that if Tyler had a 'free role' and a real run in the team he could be able, to a degree,  to be that player' that creates and scares the opposition. Every time Tyler received it in the 2nd half Tonbridge immediately 'trebled' up on him .

From what I have seen Tyler has that ability. It's just his end product at the moment which is the difference between him being a good player and a top player. After beating a player...or two..... he just has to get his head up and release the player in the spaces he has created.

Also when he went central after Keir came on I think he was less effective.