Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Staines Town

littlehampton

The first half was very much like Saturday, we were outmuscled and second best and lucky to go in at half time only 1-0 down, having said that, they scored a cracking goal. Second half we got at them and scored two good goals, the first, a peach of a free kick by Tom Collins and the second, a good follow in from Mickey Parcell after their keeper had parried the ball. On a freezing night, a deserved win for the 230 of us that braved the cold. I must add that I think that Mickey Parcell is maturing into a very good player. He works his socks off and always gives 100% and it was just that he was on the scoresheet tonight.

Well done boys !

Staines looked very good going forward on both wings in the first half whipping in a number of good crosses... one of which there well taken goal came from when the ball came out to Brewer on the edge of the box.

There were signs in the first half Staines were there to be got at in defence... going into the game they'd conceded 32 goals in 20 games.

Town really worked hard to get back in the game. Tyler was awesome on the left wing going past their number 2 numerous times. Harry put in a real shift as did Dernell who never stopped running.

Tom's free kick was superb and micky's goal was well taken... made by another of Tyler's runs into the box.

At the back I thought Kirby was superb winning so many headers especially in second half. And Billy Crook coming on as substitute held things together in midfield well.

It wasn't a vintage performance but I don't think it could be in the difficult frosty conditions - the team did very well to win against a good side.

Whisper it - we're only nine points off the top spot.

Very encouraging to read the positive comments posted on last nights match. No praise is too high for what Brad and the boys have achieved over the past ten days, and I think I detect a growing belief that we are starting to get our act together as we approach the crucial second half of the season. To take seven points from ten, in our last three matches, against good sides like Havant, Tonbridge, and Staines, is impressive, and bodes well for the future.

We have moved up to sixth in the table, and teams above us will be looking over their shoulder. We have a strong squad of players, a good young manager, and we need to keep this run of success going. We have shown we can mix it with the top sides, now we need to avoid banana-skin slip-ups against teams lower down the table. There are no easy games in the RPD, but our recent results should inspire confidence for what lies ahead.