Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Illegible player

Thoughts please, so tring athletic played a player that was cup tied against aston Clinton last round and after a meeting a replay has been agreed? If a player was illegible it makes them a ringer therefore they should be kicked out the competition???

You mean ineligible not illegible

Please refrain from using such belligerent language on your post Tom24, this forum is moderated and such behaviour will not be accepted

He has a point though!

Tom24 - I'm sure this league makes the rules up as it goes along..

Can we break the rules as long we claim ignorance then? Tring played and ineligible player and therefore should be out if that's what the rules state - Tring can then hold there own enquiry into who is at fault for not checking there players validity

BK - I agree if they knew they should be excluded but what if they were told he was ok to play? Do you hold the club responsible? I think the facts need to be cleared up before we go taking rash actions.

Tom- I thought you were Tom Brindley so apologies.

BK - I agree if they knew they should be excluded but what if they were told he was ok to play? Do you hold the club responsible? I think the facts need to be cleared up before we go taking rash actions.

No excuse for ignorance

(From SSML Handbook)

League Challenge Trophy

Rule A.1.7

A player having played for one club in the competition is not eligible to play for another in the same season

Rule 6.9 - Playing an Ineligible Player

Any club found to have played an ineligible player in a match or matches shall, save for exceptional circumstances, have any points gained from that match or matches deducted from its record, up to a maximum of 12 points, and have levied upon it a fine.

The Board may also order that such match or matches be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the club in default.

The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the player's status only.

Rule 6.9 - Playing an Ineligible Player

Any club found to have played an ineligible player in a match or matches shall, save for exceptional circumstances, have any points gained from that match or matches deducted from its record, up to a maximum of 12 points, and have levied upon it a fine.

The Board may also order that such match or matches be replayed on such terms as are decided by the Board which may also levy penalty points against the club in default.

The Company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the player's status only.

So why was the Tring player ineligible?

Somewhere in Aston Clinton last night:

"Boys, put down your Stella and pork scratchings, I've found a forum we can all call Tring cheats on. We can slag the league off too while we're at it."

"But Big Dave, they'll know it's us"

"Use your 'ead Smiffy, we'll all join within ten minutes of each other and use Pseudonyms"

"Pseudawhats"

"Other names Smiffy, other names"

"GENIUS"

Therefore if you have played in the previous round for another team you can't play again for your new team making you ineligable, which should result in a team being kicked out the competition. Once again the league is trying to protect the teams higher up.