Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Lowestoft Town

littlehampton

THE TRAWLERBOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!

After Saturdays nail-biting thriller against Needham, the QES has a buzz of anticipation and optimism, as Town look forward to locking horns with Lowestoft Town in the Ryman Premier Division, under the lights, tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. KO: 7.45pm.

The last time we played The Trawlerboys, back in the 2013-14, we drew 2-2 at Donkey Lane. This was the season Lowestoft finished 4th in the table and went on to win the play-offs and secure promotion to National League North. After their relegation last season, on the last day of the season on goal difference, they have made an encouraging start to life back in the Ryman Premier Division, and after thumping Kingstonian away 2-5 on Saturday, they have moved up to 6th in the table, one place and point ahead of Town, who have two games in hand.

On their travels, Lowestoft have lost 5 league matches to date, 1-0 at Havant, 2-1 at Staines, 2-0 at Needham, 3-1 at Leatherhead, and 3-0 at Canvey Island.

Town are on an impressive unbeaten run in the league, and have performed well against other promotion contenders in recent matches. This is a big match for both clubs, but with home advantage and support, Town will be keen to make a statement of intent and underline their ambition to be in the play-offs this season.

Good luck everyone. Let's really get behind Brad and the boys tomorrow night with stacks of loud noisy support and encouragement.

See you there.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

I'll help Smeegee out 2-2 FT, he probably passed out with celebrating our injury time equaliser.

Great come back again, great character having gone down to 10 men , super team preparation by Brad and the coaches, still over half the season to go, next is to get a good return of points from Leatherhead Harlow and Leiston and will be nicely placed for a New Years push.

Lowestoft were very physical and 'managed' the Referee very well. However, technically I thought they were the poorest team we have played this season. Perhaps the poorest since our last promotion. 2-1 up and playing against 10 men they made no attempt to pass or keep the ball. Every time they received it they simply hoofed it out of play or straight down Kirb's or Nathan's throats. Bizarrely it felt like our late and very deserved equalizer was inevitable.

Sorry chaps.

Why does this individual dig out brad when ever we misplace a pass lose possesion give away a freekick,is it really brads fault.

All we hear is same old Enfield here we go again sort it out brad.

I actually find it embarrasing.Its our club our team our manager for christ sake get behind them and stop moaning.

Sure we all get frustrated when things aren't going well but continually slagging the players and manager is not the answer.

We win together we lose together together we are Townwers.

Vauxhaman- If it was X Factor (don't deny it you've watched it) you'd have got 4 big yes's for your last post if not then the golden button.

Two of our most popular players pulled me over after yesterday's game and asked if I could do anything about that 'supporter' who can be heard bellowing his 'stupid', ' ill educated' and 'moronic' views. The players were a goal down a man down and were evidently giving everything to salvage something out the game which they successfully did through class and effort against a difficult team.

The players can hear the comments made by this one individual and feel it threatens to fragment the super bond we currently have between supporters and players/coaches, so let's sort this fella out ourselves, tell him if he doesn't have anything positive to say then don't say it, the majority of the supporters however played their part by heckling the keeper for his play acting that got Harry sent off, the keeper was rattled, wasn't enjoying it and I have no doubt it effected his concentration at the end.

I propose we are All together as one from now and no one individual should spoil our great spirit which we all know will grow stronger and more powerful as the season goes on

COYTOWNERS

From my side of the pitch I thought the ref had got it wrong. However from the photograph I have seen it was a poor challenge by Ottaway as he was well away from the ball when he hit the goalkeeper.

As for the earlier yellow. Ottaway showed dissent and the penalty is a yellow. But the ref in that instance, in my view, was an absolute ass and I would have been angry if I was in Harry's situation.

Altogether I thought yesterday's refing display was the worst this season as he seemed only to see Enfield's fouls. Shortly after Harry's first yellow he blew up for a foul on Harry near the half way line which was nothing like as obvious as the foul by the Lowestoft man which got Harry's first booking.

I have been comparing last years results for the first 25 games, the number we will have reached by the end if this month. Accepting that there are statistics and dam lies, if we can obtain at least two wins from the next three games we will be ahead of last years tally for 25 games. It does mean we will have to get

another 41 points from the remaining 21 games to equal last years final figure.  But that may prove immaterial by the end of the season.

To paraphrase OT statement in an earlier post if we can finish this year with a flourish then in the new year there will be everything to play for. 

Finally, as I will be away may I wish all fellow subscribers and supporters the compliments of the season and a happy New Year. 

But what are the results against the same opposition as last season?

At the risk of sounding a bit negative I think we have dropped too many points. Call me crazy but I thought we should have kept Kirby up for the last minute or so. I think they had a panic on and anything could have happened. We haven't lost in the league for ages but how many draws.

Have we got what it takes to get into the top 5? Close but we have not yet taken a number of opportunities that have come out way. We could actually afford to lose a few if we could convert draws into wins more often.

We know Tyler can unlock a packed defence but who else?

Bobby? Dernell? Harry? Keir?

At the risk of sounding a bit negative I think we have dropped too many points. Call me crazy but I thought we should have kept Kirby up for the last minute or so. I think they had a panic on and anything could have happened. We haven't lost in the league for ages but how many draws.

Have we got what it takes to get into the top 5? Close but we have not yet taken a number of opportunities that have come out way. We could actually afford to lose a few if we could convert draws into wins more often.

We know Tyler can unlock a packed defence but who else?

Bobby? Dernell? Harry? Keir?

I don't think you are being negative "B". Having indulged myself solely in

statistic, because I was absent from Tuesdays game and therefore not in a position

to make any comment, what you say is more in keeping with my own thoughts.

With no intention to retract from Bobby's, Harry's and Darnell's contribution to

the team we still have not converted enough of the chances created into goals.

Having watch him run 60/70 yds in order to side foot the third goal last Saturday, I would suggest that Mickey Purcell could be tried further forward in an out and out attacking role. So far he seems to play as support to who ever is at right

back.

Just a suggestion but something has to be done to convert the draws into

wins. So far we have drawn more games than we did the whole of last season,

especially at home.

Archived