Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Sarnies 1

Swifty

A point ground out following a marked improvement after the break, in a game which never really took off.

We managed just three efforts in the first half and were indebted to Tyler, who made two outstanding saves to stop what looked certain goals. Egham also hit the bar and had a few more efforts within catching range of our custodian but fully deserved their lead through Jordan Berry's 31st minute strike (thanks to Jordan for scoring in the minute shown on my raffle ticket!).

We showed more purpose in the second half and reaped a point when Fleminho was upended just inside the box and blasted the 72nd minute penalty home. I doubt either team will be overly happy with a point but it was just about the right result.

I have to say it felt surreal seeing Jack Beadle in another team's kit and his dad Chad wearing 'oppo' colours and cheering them on.

Big congrats to Russ, our ginger Bobby Moore, on reaching 600 games for the Ash Trees, becoming only the third player in the club's history to do so after Alan Constable and Paul Burgess. Russ put in another committed display and was bronze medallist for MOTM after Tyler and Kam in my opinion.

Finally, as today was our last game of 2016, may I wish everyone at the club a Happy New Year.

Well done to Russell for reaching the 600 game mark, a great achievement for an outfield player. 2016 has been an excellent year for the club, promotion from the CCL and consolidating our position in this league.

The result was fair enough, both sides had their chances and there seemed to be some evening up by the ref as he denied us a goal by not playing on after a foul but then denied Egham a penalty late in the game.

Happy New Year.

Archived