Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonbridge Angels v Enfield Town

littlehampton

I tend to agree with the last two posts but would suggest that Brad does have an

idea who he would like to play. His dilemma is whether he can trust all of them to have the discipline to follow his game plan instructions. When they all meet

their responsibilities then we can compete with the best in the league but so

often, in the midst of playing well one or two of the same suspects go off on

their own thing and the plan falls like a pack of cards. Hence the silly goals

conceded out of the Blue and the loss of much needed points. This is why he is always searching for the right player to fit his

needs. Not easy with his budget what ever others say.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Seems like the same old story is being retold.

Sorry to say but if we are supposed to be one of the best teams in the league, then we should be in the top three. As we are not, and could drop to at least ninth, then what does that tell you? It's not rocket science! Defeatist, no. Realist, yes.

A playoff spot is looking very unlikely now.

We have missed out narrowly in recent years and were also unlucky to have points deducted a couple of seasons ago.

But if you think about it. How many weeks have Enfield occupied a play off position in the league in the last few years ?

Not that many !

I would suggest, if a team is a genuine top 5 team. They would be in the top 5 for a lot more weeks in a season.

Going on a good run at the end of a season, beating some teams that have nothing to play for and always fighting for the last playoff spot is not enough to suggest the team can make the playoffs the following season. 

Brad has build a solid top 8 team. But not a top 5 team. Its a shame because the standard of the Ryman haven't been that great this season, so this was a good opportunity to secure a play off place.

It's not over yet but with this form. It could be soon.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The last two comments sum up exactly what I have trying to point out for over a year. At last some can see the  Emperor's has no clothes.  We have a long way to go before we become the best team in the league.

I sometimes fear that the status-quo may suit some people ie "Being a big fish in little pond" comes to mind. I not talking about the playing management but the club as a whole. 

It is up to all of us to break this mind set if we are to progress otherwise what's all for?      

I don't think that Brad's position should be under pressure unless he starts next season like he did this!

Brad is a good coach and I get the impression that the team likes to play for him. They certainly show him respect which is half the battle. He has introduced two new players into the squad in recent weeks and it takes time for a player to blend with an existing squad.

Yesterday was a strange team. Bradley played himself and Devyne on the bench. It seems that he set up for an away point and it didn't work.

More to the point where was our skipper? He has missed a lot of games this season.

My view is Brads man management leaves a lot to be desired and he can act like a spoilt brat like the time he sat on the bench during half time... He takes huge squads away from home then leaves players out completely with no dialogue with those players... I also would like to know what Brad and Kirbs think of each other ?.... I have o say that Braf has taken us to that next level but do fancy the idea of Kirby player manager especially with his defensive know how....

Theodopolous.

May i suggest if you would like to know about the relationship between Brad and Kirbs maybe you should ask Brad,i didnt always see eye to eye with my boss but i always gave 100% so relationshios are not important imo.

Also i find the comment about brad being a spoilt brat very personal and as you obviously dont know the reason for brad choosing to sit quietly in the dug out with his own thoughts maybe you should ask him you may be suprised.

Brad takes a lot of criticism well, he in fact welcomes good constructive criticism and either takes it on board or totally ignores it, just like any one of us would.

The criticism Theodopolous is referring to was the ignorant opinionated ones which had little educational value and pretty much 'Arsenal Fan TV' standard of content.

Spoilt brat? Maybe he can be sometimes, no different to the mourinho's, Wengers etc of this world. Football management is a tough and sometimes lonely business, additionally we all need to remember the levels we play at and our community charter club status ,

We've been unlucky too many times this season and are without doubt on our day the best team in this division against any other team on their day. Still 11 games left, you won't have Brad saying the seasons over and we can't make the play offs, supporters need to follow suit as a run of wins can soon change complexities of opinion

With games in hand to teams below it is more than likely we could drop to eighth place... it's a strange one ... I love watching our style of play it's Consistently the most entertaining football of any team I've seen this season but quite frankly eighth position is not good enough with the talented squad we now have ... is it time to drop the flair and play to a more solid formation because at the moment it's hard to believe how far behind the leaders we are considering our performances against those teams...

Well said enfield united.

Imo we are on our day the best footballing side in the division and long may that continue.

As for the comment about brad not coming over to the the fans i must say if i went to work and got dogs abuse from a workmate i wouldnt go and shake his hand at the end of my shift.There is abuse and there is personal abuse and brad did not deserve that.

As i have said earlier Brad is always approachable so its always a good idea if you feel aggrieved about anything to do with the team speak to him.

Lets all get behind the boys for the big push.COYT.

I would rather watch us play as we do and enjoy it than watch a dull game that still might not achieve the aim of reaching the play offs.

Well said enfield united.

Imo we are on our day the best footballing side in the division and long may that continue.

As for the comment about brad not coming over to the the fans i must say if i went to work and got dogs abuse from a workmate i wouldnt go and shake his hand at the end of my shift.There is abuse and there is personal abuse and brad did not deserve that.

As i have said earlier Brad is always approachable so its always a good idea if you feel aggrieved about anything to do with the team speak to him.

Lets all get behind the boys for the big push.COYT.

And the officials don't need the abuse either, as was discussed at the AGM.