Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 2 Blues 1

Swifty

WE WON!!!

Thoroughly deserved win against an Arlesey side who played well but parked the bus after they equalised and gave away quite a few free kicks on the edge of the box, plus there were a few more the ref didn't give but should have.

Best Ashford display for a long while, with the team working as a whole and with some lovely interplay. We should have won by more, but a combination of easy saves and profligate finishing kept the score on a knife edge. Bayley gave us the lead with a 35th minute thumper from near the edge of the box, and we were on top until Arlesey equalised with their first meaningful effort of the game, despatched into the corner from ten yards out by Arel Amu in the 55th. Despite having few shots, Arlesey could have had a second when an askew back pass resulted in Russ clearing the ball off the line. We pushed, probed Arlesey's double back line and never gave up and got our reward when Tommy Brunton unleashed a corker from 15 yards out in the 74th minute. Hope Sammy's substitution was just precautionary - man of the match in my opinion.

Thanks to Simon Munns for sorting out the new mic at half time. Hoping to make Kempston Rovers away on Tuesday, providing some poor soul can give me a lift back afterwards!

Eddie, in my opinion and as you say only one choice for M O M. Sammy he worked his socks off up and down the flank.

We should have had it sewn up earlier, too many shots off target or directly at the keeper.

Russ who cleared off the line had a good game

Much better by Ashford, good to watch the lads play a passing game instead of the long ball all the time. Couple of new faces in the team today,are they perminant or on loan?

A goal apiece for Bayley Mummery and Tommy Brunton,both well worked goals and both well taken, the number of passes and the movement involved for Tommy's goal was a joy to watch.

Hopefully Ashford will shrug off the poor form and gain some confidence from this result because the frailties within the team are still obvious (Arlesey's goal being a prime example) but enough of that, i will take pleasure in Ashford's win and hope they carry the confidence and belief into the next game.

For me Ashford's man of the match was Max Herbert.

The new faces were central defender Devante McKain (whom I christened "Big Dave"), who's on loan from Staines Town for a month, and Theo Alexis, described on our website as a physical central midfielder, who's on loan from Barnet. Fish is out for the rest of the season after his jaw op, and Joe Green's out for at least a month through injury. 

I enjoyed yesterdays game I thought we tried passing all game rather than go long proof to that was the goal scorers 2 x brilliant goals ! the team worked hard all game thought flem was brilliant as was samad  my mom, credit to ben and his team they have worked hard on the training pitch and to bring in the new faces to help us out  a good deserved 3 points

Archived