Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Metropolitan Police FC v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Sorry Andy, didn't not mean sound sarcastic, just saying I wish we had 15 wins.

As for statistics ,however, why in practically every team game on earth do we play for points? Just a thought.

Regarding the team latest performances, are they really a surprise. Regularly on this forum we have discussed 

the necessity of an out and out striker. When the team perform under par it is often the man/men up front who saves the day.

According to ETFC Official it was their Striker who was the difference between the teams. How many times have we heard that. If we do miss out again this year then I hope that the new seasons planning, both by the Club management and team management, starts sooner than later so that next season we can start more competitively than the past two years,

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

We've chased a place in the Playoff positions all season and since achieving it two games ago, we've absolutely capitulated. We're incredibly easy to read. As soon as we break down an attack we hit it long to Harry every single time and to be fair he wins more than his fair share of the balls but he is often isolated on his own and the ball comes straight back at us and we begin the cycle again.

Before we signed Harry we always played it out from the back, to feet and it was much more exciting to watch than the current fayre on offer. We need to mix up the way that we play and give the opposition something to think about. Also, we need to sort out our recruitment in the close season as yet again, we wrote off the first four weeks of the season because we couldn't work out our best eleven. 

The Playoffs aren't going to happen unfortunately although we've been on a great run, because of the first four weeks of the season, we've left ourselves with too much to do, again.

Edited by SeasideTowner

Don't think it is going to happen now tbh. Not sure we have the right balance in the team or even the most creative players out there. I do think we have a great squad in terms of ability though probably one of the best in the league. I think we took a wrong turn somewhere and in situations like that it is so difficult to reshape the team because the alternative players have had very little game time and so can't be expected to stroll into the team and tear it up.

These results have seriously dented our play-off hopes. With just 15 matches left to play, a quick glance at the league table shows how difficult it is going to be to clinch a place in the top five, unless we go on another unbeaten run, and win the majority of our remaining matches. A tall order? What do you think?

I'm afraid our play-off goose is cooked.

Given our budget allegedly puts us in the play-off positions, this is poor.

As i have said before i dont believe the budget brad has to work with is that of a playoff squad despite what was said at the agm.

IMO our budget is probably a 9th or 10th finish and we are punching above our weight purely based on the team spirit brad and his managment team have built.But apart from a couple of slip up's i am enjoying the season so far.COYT.

Going in to the last 2/3 games of the season we could still have a lot to play for. Another day out like Hampton away last season when 200-250 made the trip will suit me fine. For those of us that 'lost' our Club I think that we have a lot to be thankful and grateful for. I never thought I would get my  'Enfield' back and I have . I also realize Wynter/ Devyne /Campbell is not Ashford /Richards/King but I am not bothered in the slightest. hopefully 150 of us will be at Wingate win - lose- or draw.

Going in to the last 2/3 games of the season we could still have a lot to play for. Another day out like Hampton away last season when 200-250 made the trip will suit me fine. For those of us that 'lost' our Club I think that we have a lot to be thankful and grateful for. I never thought I would get my  'Enfield' back and I have . I also realize Wynter/ Devyne /Campbell is not Ashford /Richards/King but I am not bothered in the slightest. hopefully 150 of us will be at Wingate win - lose- or draw.

Support what we have not what others had.

I'm in Vauxhallmans and townendleftside camp.

I'm enjoying the season very much and yes the current form is very frustrating.

However Brads methods seem to thrive when the chips are down. We are chasing again whereas it was ours outright with 17 games to go.

We still have 15 games left. Everyone can beat each other in this division I.e Bognor 1-2 Grays

Historically 75-82 points gets you a play off spot. 82 is the exception it's normally closer to 75. So let's da 77-78 is the target. That's 10 wins 5 defeats.

It's all still to play for, I'm sure Brads got a couple of Rabbits in his hat to pull out too. One things for sure he is a winner and will be seeking to drive the team on in a dog eat dog run in.

Let your passion carry you on as without it you'll also lack the belief.

Wingate will be a very tough game, they are very efficient and work very hard with good Athletic individuals. We'll need to be quick out the traps for sure

Let's be clear, everyone wants Town to secure a play-off spot this season, but it serves no purpose whatsoever to wallpaper over the cracks, and pretend everything is fine.

We are in the results business, and recently we have won only one of our last five league / cup matches. Town were outstanding away to league leaders Bognor last month, but were well below their best against Burgess Hill and Met Police. Why is our form so erratic at this crucial stage of the season?

Realistically, to stand a chance of making the play-offs, we need to put together another winning run, starting on Saturday, and hope and pray other results go our way. Good luck guys!

I think we have to be optimistic as well as realistic when supporting ETFC. Yes, we are a supporters owned club who have come a long way since 2001. However, in order to make the next leap up the pyramid, things have to change. I will be shot down when I mention money, but more is needed and it needs to be spent wisely. How we get that money is down to an interpretation of ideas numerous people have. Let's be honest, I doubt if any current supporter could afford to loan the club a large sum of money so it needs to come from somewhere else. Oh, and don't forget, the club still has debts to pay. Time to get our thinking caps on!

Good and realistic post Andy.

We are in the curious position that whilst we want to be successful the limit of our ambition seems to be the play-offs. If we get to the play offs, surely we want to win them but could we sustain ourselves in the conference. There must be many supporters who followed the old club and can remember the horrific 10-0 thrashing by Runcorn.

I think our current structure is viable up to the point of gaining a promotion to the Conference South.(And maybe surviving in that league if we can optimize everything we do and have the best management and squad we can assemble for the money we can generate under the current model.).I doubt whether our current model/set-up would allow us to climb any higher than that.But we are perfectly capable of gaining promotion from our current league with the resources we have.

Good and realistic post Andy.

We are in the curious position that whilst we want to be successful the limit of our ambition seems to be the play-offs. If we get to the play offs, surely we want to win them but could we sustain ourselves in the conference. There must be many supporters who followed the old club and can remember the horrific 10-0 thrashing by Runcorn.

Must have been horrific - I can only remember nine goals.