Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Osama Bin Laden

• 9 years later...

It will be interesting to get members views on Osama Bin Laden's death earlier today, could a lot more have been done to find him earlier and will the World be a safer place or can we expect a backlash from Al Qaeda. Also interesting that he was found in Pakistan, virtually on his own doorstep, in the garrison town of Abbottabad, in a luxury compound next door to a Military Academy known as Pakistan's Sandhurst.

Buried at sea?

I wonder.

It will be interesting to get members views on Osama Bin Laden's death earlier today, could a lot more have been done to find him earlier and will the World be a safer place or can we expect a backlash from Al Qaeda. Also interesting that he was found in Pakistan, virtually on his own doorstep, in the garrison town of Abbottabad, in a luxury compound next door to a Military Academy known as Pakistan's Sandhurst.

As the leader of Al Qaeda he was at least partly responsible for the deaths of innocent people, so in the non Muslim world he wont be mourned, but in an ideal world he would have been arrested, and not shot, and then tried in an independent court of law.

As the Americans have taken the law into their own hands by killing Bin Laden because he was deemed guilty of causing death and destruction, would it not be naive to suppose there wont be a backlash because of the Americans gung ho actions, and in my opinion Blair and Bush could also be seen as causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives, and its unlikely that the world will be a safer place until the pair of them stand trial for crimes against humanity.

I will be interested to hear over the next few days, when details are released, whether Bin Laden put up a fight when confronted or there was a chance he could have been captured, if he was taken by surprise and just killed in cold blood then I think questions might well be asked

I will be interested to hear over the next few days, when details are released, whether Bin Laden put up a fight when confronted or there was a chance he could have been captured, if he was taken by surprise and just killed in cold blood then I think questions might well be asked

Just what the Muslim Fundamentalists want - another martyr. He's much more use to the movement dead than he was alive.

The Americans have just made things infinitely worse. Hundreds of separate Al Qaeda cells re-energised by the illicit (certainly in their eyes) slaying of Bin Laden.

Just imagine how the Western world would have reacted if Al Qaeda had taken out those arch criminals (at least in their eyes) Bush and Blair in similar circumstances?

As the leader of Al Qaeda he was at least partly responsible for the deaths of innocent people, so in the non Muslim world he wont be mourned, but in an ideal world he would have been arrested, and not shot, and then tried in an independent court of law.

They should have filmed his death - hopefully a slow one- and played it on every big screen around the world..............

the PC Brigade should be next on the hit list coffee%20(2).gif

I think that will become an 'iconic' picture in years to come similar to the exact moment on 9/11 when George Bush was informed of the planes

hitting the World Trade Centre

Just what the Muslim Fundamentalists want - another martyr. He's much more use to the movement dead than he was alive.

The Americans have just made things infinitely worse. Hundreds of separate Al Qaeda cells re-energised by the illicit (certainly in their eyes) slaying of Bin Laden.

Just imagine how the Western world would have reacted if Al Qaeda had taken out those arch criminals (at least in their eyes) Bush and Blair in similar circumstances?

I would think Bush and Blair are top of Al Qaedas wish list, but the ring of steel that surrounds them makes them unlikely targets. I hope I'm wrong, but I cant help thinking the London Olympics will be a much softer target, and just as high profile.

Missunderstood - Yes, we could have another Munich on our hands next year couldn't we, this time on our own doorstep

Missunderstood - Yes, we could have another Munich on our hands next year couldn't we, this time on our own doorstep

Except the SAS won't f**k about the way the Krauts did.

Advertising blurb for the South Coast for Summer 2012.

OSAMA BIN LADEN ......... Coming to a beach near YOU !!!

Hi Folks !!

I've just arrived in Pakistan for my time-share holiday villa....

You wouldn't BELIEVE the state the previous holiday-maker left it in !!!!

Just heard Sir Elton John's latest release........

"Sandel in the Bin !

Edited by Big J R

Advertising blurb for the South Coast for Summer 2012.

OSAMA BIN LADEN ......... Coming to a beach near YOU !!!

Hi Folks !!

I've just arrived in Pakistan for my time-share holiday villa....

You wouldn't BELIEVE the state the previous holiday-maker left it in !!!!

Just heard Sir Elton John's latest release........

"Sandel in the Bin !

DNA of Bin Laden has come back with a reading of 24% cocoa, 57% coconut, 18% sugar and 6% milk.

Experts say this is probably due to the bounty on his head.

Hookey - Did you ever see the film 'Munich', it was a master piece as I'm sure our resident Barry Norman, namely LATO, will verify

Hookey - Did you ever see the film 'Munich', it was a master piece as I'm sure our resident Barry Norman, namely LATO, will verify

Yes I did and yes it was a very good film.