Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Crows 4

Swifty

Another decent effort by the lads, but we came up against an efficient and clinical Royston team.

We got off to a dream start when Bayley lashed home a corker in the first minute and Dan was unlucky with a 25 yarder fizzer which crashed against the bar but, under awkward pressure, Webby headed into his own net from a corner in the 13th and we left a clear opening for Kaan Fehmi to glide through and put Royston ahead five minutes later. Danny May hit a thunderbolt from outside the box for 3-1 in the 31st and, after Scott Bridges blazed a 51st minute penalty way over the bar, John Frendo put the icing on Royston's cake with the fourth in the 67th minute.

We had our moments and gave a good account of ourselves but (possibly naturally) we looked a wee bit deflated and dejected towards the end. Eli caught the eye again with his blistering pace, while Sami was his usual dependable self at the back and Tyler had to make a couple of smart saves.

Saturday won't be a walkover, as Petersfield Town only lost 3-2 last night, but the performances have been better in recent weeks so we can go into Saturday's game in decent spirit. Those of you on the terraces are in for a treat, as neither Dan nor I will be around to crash the tannoy, and you'll be in the capable hands and vocals of Clarky, who got rave reviews the last time he took over the mic.

Hope the hopper from Ironbridge in Shropshire, who was good company, enjoyed the evening and had a safe journey home.

I don't know about rave reviews as I didn't even try to identify the scorers but I will give it a go on Saturday, hopefully with the assistance of the more eagle eyed!

Royston are a top quality team and deserved the 3 points, although we could have made it interesting if Dan had scored the second goal. We were on a hiding to nothing trying to chase the game in the second half as they had so much pace and quality it was inevitable that they were going to add to their tally.

Overall last night's match was a very entertaining affair even if though we lost.

swifty very tame report ! we defended like a team in 15th place and they played like a team in first place the scoreline could have been a lot worse, tyler pulled off some brilliant saves, and we didn't create to much to worry Royston they were in control all game they deserve to go up best team we have played . must win Saturday

Not all that tame. I was tired and didn't go into as much detail as usual.

We started well and who knows how we'd have kicked on had Dan's blaster gone in. Royston definitely deserved to win, though, and, as I mentioned, I thought we ran out of huff and inspiration towards the end.

I won't be there on Saturday (groundhopping with my other team) so you can take over the baton of the first report.   ;)  

Archived