Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Recommended Posts

Refs decisions will always be questioned but managers effing and blinding and calling them barefaced cheats is not the way to go. Maybe some managers should look at their own tactics and team performances before blaming refs.

Referees have all the powers they need to sanction any managers.  Up to the end of December, there were 34 'Bench Incidents' recorded in the Respect Tables.  Whilst this is obviously 34 too many, from a total of 700 games, this equates to an incident in 5% of the games played.  So, either the other 95% of games are relatively OK .... or some referees are not using the sanctions appropriately ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha Jonno, Orange bibs last season, pink bibs this season. The question is what colour will they be next season? Waste of time and money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Either zero tolerance or nothing.

 

At least then people know where they stand.

 

To be honest, I don't really see it as a problem. If you go to any premier league game, you'll hear swearing for the full 90 minutes.

It just seems worse at our level when there's one bloke on his own, not being drowned out by many thousands of others.

And let's not pretend kids never hear naughty words anywhere else in life.

 

Football is football. And it's worked well enough over the years without constant "initiatives".

I guess some people just like to keep busy to justify a wage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with zero tolerance but I see children from 5 upwards at grounds, if someone called a ref the c word would you stand by and say nothing. I certainly wouldn't.

 

It's more to do with the players and management laying off the officials. These players/managers should lead by example!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If refs were to apply the law and send players off when they have sworn at them, there wouldn't be a problem. Give it a month of consistency from refs on the issue and you'd stamp it out completely. Unfortunately, most refs are scared to issue a red, in fact week in week out, players swear at refs and they don't even give them a talking to. The issue lies with the officials not enforcing the laws of the game and until they do, the problem won't go away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If refs were to apply the law and send players off when they have sworn at them, there wouldn't be a problem. Give it a month of consistency from refs on the issue and you'd stamp it out completely. Unfortunately, most refs are scared to issue a red, in fact week in week out, players swear at refs and they don't even give them a talking to. The issue lies with the officials not enforcing the laws of the game and until they do, the problem won't go away.

Agreed!

Refs 'respect yourself' bibs should be issued ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...