Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Boro 0

Swifty

Something of a smash and grab but, following the sending off debacle at Boro and some of the bad luck we've had this season, I'll take it.

Boro dominated for the most part but didn't fully worry us unduly in the first half and we snuffed out their attacks while having the odd useful effort ourselves. It was much of the same after the break but, as the game wore on, we started looking livelier and catching them on the counter, with the only goal starting from a hefty clearance and ending with an unstoppable 20-yarder from Beads in the 66th minute.

We then rode out an onslaught, with Jamie Cureton (yes, THAT Jamie Cureton) hitting a post, two more efforts cleared off the line and Tyler making a couple of exceptional stops, while Boro keeper Aaron Bufton made a superb low post tip-around to prevent us doubling the lead and we did enough to make life uncomfy for Boro in the last 20.

Fair play to the noisy Boro fans, with plenty of jokey and predominantly clean banter on the Tangerine Terrace in the first half, and thanks to the Ashfordian in the Boro shirt (he moved there in 1979) for his company throughout the match.

All the best to Munnsy and thanks for everything over the last 50 years. It'll be tough spending more time at home with his young French wife, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!   :D

I forgot to say, lovely to be greeted throughout the match by a number of former Ashford players (Anthony Eggington, Lee Bardini, Laurence Munns and Baron Jolly) who obviously weren't too embarrassed by my yelling at them in the past. There were a number of other Ashford alumni at the game, all of whom were there for Pat Munns's swansong. Just goes to show how popular Pat is.

What goes around comes around , we had our bit of luck and took our chance. Great finish by Jack and top top goalkeeping by Tyler. Good banter from the Farnborough keeper and I hope their #4 manages to pull he's head out of his own arse.

Happy for Ben and the boys as it just goes to show we're a decent side on our day.

yep thought we played well against a team who were favourites to win the league tyler pulled off some brilliant saves, the fish clearing 2 goals off of the line and jacks goal was nothing short of brilliance how important all these young players are for next season much better than sats game which was not very good even though we got a point whats that all about on the website as far as "ashford were concerned there wasn't anything special to play for" I don't get that so on that note I'm not travelling sat  

The website comment referred to the fact we've finished 'comfy mid', having stalled a mid-season slide down the table, with neither play-offs to aim for nor relegation worries to bother us.

Hopefully you're saving the money from not going to 'Kiddy' for Tuesday's cup semi-final. Should be a good 'un!

Archived