Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex Charity Cup Semi-Final... Ash Trees 2 Beavers 1

Swifty

Okay, so it was against makeshift opposition, but...

WE'RE IN THE FINAL!!     :chestram2:

Easily one of our best performances of the season against a mixture of first team, fringe and youth players as H&RB kept their powder dry for the rest of their league campaign, and best of luck to The Beavers. Whether they underestimated us or not on the night, we deserved victory. Virtually man for man, our lads bettered their opposition number, and we showed real character and mettle.

Not to say it was a straightforward win, mind you. The game was a very enjoyable one for the neutral. H&RB had plenty of chances but, apart from Charlie Ten-Grotenhuis's long range free kick goal with the last touch of the game, their shots were either horribly skewed or brilliantly saved by Tyler. Having said that, we could and maybe should have scored five. Our overall play deserved it. 

We settled ourselves with Dan thumping home a right wing cross close by the far post in the 8th minute (and winning me the golden goal bottle of wine in the process - I love that boy!) and we should have gone in at the break further ahead against talented but foul-heavy opposition. We got the winner we merited when Beads finished with aplomb in the 61st minute. We had plenty of chances, not least that almost comical ten second pinball passage in the second half when we had half a dozen efforts saved, blocked or hitting the goal frame.

The tenacity shown by our lads was a joy to watch, with Webby and Samad showing full-on bulldog spirit in particular.

So, anyone fancy a Bank Holiday evening in Hanwell? Wealstone await us on the pitch next Monday (and the Wealdstone Raider might meet young Chadwick on the terraces  :D ).

Chad V The Wealdstone Raider , not to be missed.

Great result last night against HRBFC , not our fault they had to play a few teenagers ( I thought #5 was a real handful and a good centre half ) to make up the numbers. Good all round team performance by Ashford and I hope we can do the same on Monday in the final.

Chad V The Wealdstone Raider , not to be missed.

Great result last night against HRBFC , not our fault they had to play a few teenagers ( I thought #5 was a real handful and a good centre half ) to make up the numbers. Good all round team performance by Ashford and I hope we can do the same on Monday in the final.

And so say all of us. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived