Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-season friendlies involving teams of Clubs who will participate in the Spartan South Midlands Football League, Premier Division, Division 1 and Division 2 for season 2017/18 will appear here.

Please note that the information provided should be used as a guild only and those wishing to attend games are advised to check with the Clubs first.

Latest updates will appear in blue.

Results will appear in bold red.

Edited by Karen Browne

• 1 month later...

Pitstone & Ivinghoe FC are looking for pre season friendlies. Our home pitch is not available till the 22nd July so can cater for games after that but would like some away games before that. Please contact Paolo 07500015173 or Stuart 07732309520.

• 4 weeks later...

Great start for the new Berkhamsted Raiders young guns on saturday wininng their first competetive game against a competitive Grendon side, with players still to come in before August 5th it is looking positive with youth and experience, thank you to Grendon for coming across to Berkhamsted to fulfil the fixture and good luck in the coming season we will ofcourse meet again in the league at some point. It was also good to get some exposure from Talk Sport who attended the game and took photos of both teams before the game, we welcome you anytime you fancy a non league game to watch.

Saturday we travel across to Sun Postal Sports in Watford which will be another test and more minutes under the belts for the players.

2 local sides today. Totternhoe 4-3 Leighton Town.

The division 2 side completely dominated the first half going 3-1 up.

Leighton improved in the second half and brought it back to 3-3. Totternhoe won it at the end.

Good game, Totternhoe very strong and impressive for a division 2 side, Leighton showed good glimpses. 2 good forwards for Leighton.

HAREFIELD UTD 1-2 NORTHWOOD

Harefield took the lead with a trademark Adam Willis free kick for the hares.But the second half saw northwood make some changes which did see them dominate the game and got 2 quick goals to take the local bragging rights. Still lots to like from the hares who managed to get a few of the U18s on the pitch for the last 20 minutes. 

Bushey Sports 0 - 2 Berkhamsted Raiders 

Berkos young guns continued their unbeaten run with a convincing win against a competetive Bushey Sports side last night, with a reshuffle of players from saturdays 4-4 draw with Sun Postal Sports reserves. Goal of the night come from a 16yr old who came off the bench in the second half and score a goal beyond his years who at any level would of been proud of. It is good to see new players come in and make a impact which now gives manager Lee Groves a few headaches before the first game on the 5th August. The next and last friendly is against Belstone FC on July 29th at home.

If anyone does want a friendly this saturday we have the 3g at Ashlyns School (Berkhamsted) which would be a 1pm kick off, please contact Lee Groves on 07873 222897

Edited by Socceroo

Winslow Leighton report from Sportsshots

http://sportsshots.org.uk

Vs Aylesbury FC

http://sportsshots.org.uk/?p=27641

Early days but very positive so far. Team look organised and play some great stuff.

Leighton Town got walloped 6-1 by Winslow last night. Judging by Winslow's pre season results to date they will be in for a good season.

Leighton also lost in the previous game to Totternhoe 4-3, perhaps the defence needs working on?

Regardless of the level Winslow & Totternhoe play at, they played 2 very good sides who should be challenging for their respected league titles.   Winslow beat Aylesbury from the Southern League last time out, and yesterday Totternhoe beat a good division 1 side also. However, I agree that a Premier Division side should not be conceding 10 goals in 2 matches, so I am sure alarm bells are ringing.  .

Winslow will be very strong this season with Alleyne at the helm.  Very good players also. Aaron King played yesterday for them, with a handful of Thame Rangers dominant side also moving across to join Alleyne.

Regardless of the level Winslow & Totternhoe play at, they played 2 very good sides who should be challenging for their respected league titles.   Winslow beat Aylesbury from the Southern League last time out, and yesterday Totternhoe beat a good division 1 side also. However, I agree that a Premier Division side should not be conceding 10 goals in 2 matches, so I am sure alarm bells are ringing.  .

Winslow will be very strong this season with Alleyne at the helm.  Very good players also. Aaron King played yesterday for them, with a handful of Thame Rangers dominant side also moving across to join Alleyne.

I was at the Risborough game yesterday and i have got to say Totternhoe are an outstanding team for that division. They looked very comfortable last night and i heard they were against Leighton too as much as it pains me to say it, we came back in to it in the 2nd half and grabbed a couple of goals however we never looked like winning. The manager down at Totternhoe has brought in some very good players, not sure if he has any sort of budget? But i would be tipping them to win the league this year and have a good run in the South Mids cup. Very impressed. As far as Risborough are concerned we will still be very organised and up there, i have no doubt - after all it is only pre-season so nothing to be too concerned about.

I was at the Risborough game yesterday and i have got to say Totternhoe are an outstanding team for that division. They looked very comfortable last night and i heard they were against Leighton too as much as it pains me to say it, we came back in to it in the 2nd half and grabbed a couple of goals however we never looked like winning. The manager down at Totternhoe has brought in some very good players, not sure if he has any sort of budget? But i would be tipping them to win the league this year and have a good run in the South Mids cup. Very impressed. As far as Risborough are concerned we will still be very organised and up there, i have no doubt - after all it is only pre-season so nothing to be too concerned about.

Risboro had a terrific campaign last year, (always enjoyed playing there as it happens) I'm sure if they keep the core and add they will be up there again.

See Berko making excuses on twitter regarding their loss to Risborough.

ITS A FRIENDLY!!!!

The two goals disallowed were rightly done so.

1st was offside by quite some distance.

The other was controlled by the player using his arm.

Risboro wee more than good enough for their win.