Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ware Reprived

Only two can be promoted so it looks like a reprieve.

These reprieves are nonsense, I know Ware were in a relegation spot by 1 goal, but why is failure rewarded over promoting clubs? Really doesn't make sense to me.

Nothing new there then.

If I had a £1 for every time I hear that statement regarding rewarding failure over promotion, I would have a fiver.

I disagree. Would have loved another local derby. Also pains me to see failure rewarded. Why not relegate Ware and promote Hertford in second place? I'm no Hertford fan but runner up in the SSMFL Prem represents a better season than Ware have just had.

I understand these things have to happen when getting lower down the pyramid as the league needs to maintain ground standards etc and to maintain any sort of professionalism, but when the clubs in the leagues below have facilities, fan base, general setups that are just as good if not better than the 'relegated' teams there shouldn't be reprieves, it's ridiculous. I wonder whether other countries reward failure in their leagues? 

I agree that it is shame to reward failure etc. however, if I were a club chasing a league title, I would rather have London Tigers in my league than Ware.

With regards to local clubs, I think that if Ware got relegated, there would have been a greater chance of a player merry go round in the local area. With them maintaining their Ryman status, they may also maintain their Step 4 snobbery...players not being good enough for the Ryman and all that bollocks.

Ware leading a charmed life yet again. Still, it will keep their 50 fans happy!

Archived