Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BRAD'S GONE TO BRAINTREE!!!

WXEn8

So do I, my fear exactly :(

Lets not get too over excited..Until a good run of form over the last two months,the majority of supporters were of the opinion that Brad had taken us as far as he could and that fresh ideas and players were needed.Yes,Brad will take three or four players with him.But i don't believe our squad was particularly strong this season anyway.Yes,i would have liked brad to stay because i think he would have made the play-offs again this season.And the fact that he made all this mistakes over the last few seasons with us,and that Braintree will benefit from an improving manager.

We need a batch of new players at the club,and a new manager normally brings loyal players with him.I think out choice of new manager is just as important as losing the previous one.

Would just like to thank Bad for all this hard work since he arrived at the club.

I'd also like to thank Brad and Andy Porter for the exciting, and entertaining, times they've given us during the last few years.

Loyalty is a rare thing these days, except amongst fans, and you have to respect their decision to return to a club they served for so long. I expect they'll always look at ETFC as their second club and I hope they'll always be welcome (provided they're not scouting our players!).

On the subject of players, I guess whoever comes in will want to bring in several that they've worked with before, that's inevitable. Not sure that our squad last year would be strong enough to hold it's own in the league above, not in it's entirety anyway, so I think Brad will need to think twice about taking too many with him!

I guess as supporters we need to be patient and support the board in whatever decision they make - we certainly all know they'll be doing everything they can to bring in the right manager for this unique club.

Anfield Towner and Lovely Stuff

Two very good posts.

I have to say that Jan/Feb I was wondering whether Brad was the right manager for us and if he had gone then I would have said, "So long and thanks for all the fish!" As it is we need a new manger. Dave Howell applied before and he always did well with Harrow without the crowds or financial backing that there is at the QE2. I know that he was second choice last time.

Come on Dave you know the game were always a good leader and know your football. Anybody else consider that he would be a good choice.

Is Howell's active and in touch with the non league market?

Otherwise a full advert and best outstanding candidate, it might still be Mark Bentley but what if Mickey Hazard applied from Hadley FC? Or Bullard? It would give us more appeal to increase support and attract new sponsorship opportunities

Loved Dave Howell and Mark Bentley as players - two of my all time favourites.

Whilst on the subject of fans' favourites - Scott McGleish?

Jimmy Bullard has left Leatherhead 'for a full-time job in football'.

I'd go berserk if Scott Mcgleish was ever considered good goalscorer but didn't like the personality, certainly wouldn't have The Town at Heart.

All the others mentioned are viable candidates, need to weigh up there achievements with the budgets they've worked with

Did Lovely Stuff actually watch Enfield Town last season ? If he did, he would have seen that Brad and his players had an absolutely outstanding season, playing some of the best football since we were formed, and beating some very good teams including the two who got promoted.Lovely stuff, you are talking total hogwash. Incidently, why are people clammering  for David Howell to be our new manager ? What's he ever achieved as a manager ?

Archived