Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players to stay

So, who out of last season's squad would you want to retain?

I'd like to see the following stay:

Billy Crook

Micky Parcell

Harry Ottaway

Scott Shulton

Karl Olyide

Nathan McDonald

Unfortunately I can definitely see Billy, Micky and Nathan heading over to Braintree. Then the Ryman Prem vultures will be circling for the rest of the squad.

More easily said that done, but I guess we need to get the new manager in place ASAP so that he/she(?!) can set out their stall and last year's squad know whats on offer. Perhaps a chance for the likes of Bobby Devine to re-establish himself as the first name on the teamsheet.

Totally agree with LS comments above and on the other thread.

Brad may take 2-3 players, so what? A new manager will bring in and create his own nucleus.

Additionally Brad will have players to choose from a higher calibre who have Conference South experience and want that level.

He can also cherry pick other RPL top players from Dulwich Wingate Leiston who could play higher.

I've no worries, we will get some superb applications who will want to manage a fantastic club with diamond volunteers.

Additionally the board will support any new manager with maximum ambition and will to win and succeed, the nonsense of 'matching the managers ambitions ' comments are cringingly out of touch

Brad was ambitious was he not.

To be ambitious means progression.

To progress you need a good budget which we have at the Town but quite clearly not what brad has to work with at Braintree.

So could our club support brads ambition sadly in this case imo no.

Which leads onto how further up the pyramid can we progress as a supporter owned club which up to this level we have done amazingly well.

Imo possibly one more at a pinch.

Having listened to Brad's interview on BBC Radio Essex he is asked whether he will be bringing players with him from Enfield Town. He paused briefly before answering that he would be speaking to alot of players this week.

Given discussions on the Braintree Forum, I'd say its almost a certainty that Nathan will be going with Brad.

Surely you have noted how most of the goals scored against us were scored last season. As a shot stopper he is one of the best I have seen at this club or the last second only, possibly, to Ian Wolstenholme.

But there is an obvious weakness.

Archived