Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Butler's Bar

WXEn8

Never knew it was a Grade II listed building?

Is that why we have 'CAFE' painted on the tower instead of 'ETFC' as mocked up on the official website?

The club's initials would look fantastic!

Shame, having ETFC in the same size/style/colour lettering would look ace.

As for the windows? Living not a mile from what was the old Crittal's factory, I find them reassuringly quaint!

Alk we need now is a Harlow type marquee which càn be used as another club house and provide much needed income,Really with all the history our current bar holds its an amazing building but frankly is just not big enough but would still be fine for private functions and if we had a marquee it would avoid the private party over supporters problems that happened last season

I do not believe that English Heritage would object to painting or altering the letters to ETFC and if they did sucks to them. The old Ovaltine building in Kings Langley has a listed frontage but was redeveloped. They replaced the old clock which used to give the temperature as well with a new clock which has stopped and never gave the temperature but EH do nothing. Take them on and they will crumble as they cannot justify the Cafe lettering.

Steph 1, I admire your tenacity. Yes take on the English Heritage after all they only have an average annual income of £186.5m and a board of trustees, each wealthy enough to take us on without out  hardly noticing a dent in their finances. I am sure it would go down well in the High Court, especially as the ink is hardly dry on the new Lease. Which I am sure has some where within it, a clause or covenant insisting that 

the position stays in perpetuity. (ie. FOR EVER )

I suggest that we all stick to trying to help run the football club which, at the moment, the Café is the least of it's current worries.

(By the way the Café has been registered as a place of special interest for a number of years, as an example of ART DECO architecture).    

No need to take on English Heritage. Just change the name of the club. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Club Atletico Futbol de Enfield.

Like it, exotic :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Archived