Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pitch maintenance and interesting conversations...

Burger!

Half a dozen defied sun stroke on Monday and did a bit of pitch maintenance before the re-seed and got talking to a chap who does a fare bit on the pitch at Kiln Brow, any how only turns out to be my Metalwork teacher from back in 69/70, whats the chances of that!  The day flew by with some great memories. I bet these days teenagers are not allowed to to be shown how to use Lathes/Grinders or even blacksmiths forges.   

Talking of pitches, thanks to Chessington and Hook for hosting the Southern Youth cup final at very short notice, the pitch looked in fantastic condition, hats off to those involved. 

Talking of pitches, thanks to Chessington and Hook for hosting the Southern Youth cup final at very short notice, the pitch looked in fantastic condition, hats off to those involved. 

I agree. Steve Regan has done a fine job at Chalky Lane this season. (amongst other venues) #groundmansunion

• 1 month later...

Great news for the Kiln Brow pitch, a decent bit of rain this evening!

The last few weeks has seen the adding of topsoil to the areas above where the drainage was laid that had a little settlement but considering what measures were undertaken to the pitch last year but its all easy stuff. 

... The unsung stars of pitch maintenance, Derick gives up his Saturday morning to work on the pitch on his 72nd birthday and has the pitch mowed before anyone else turns up to do the multitude of other jobs, hats off to you sir! 

... The unsung stars of pitch maintenance, Derick gives up his Saturday morning to work on the pitch on his 72nd birthday and has the pitch mowed before anyone else turns up to do the multitude of other jobs, hats off to you sir! 

Us 'Oldies' are always the best and most reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Its raining, does the pitch need it or what!

The clubs sprinkler system is good but cant beat a good bit of rain.

The new grass is coming on well in both goal mouths and a small area that we re-seeded after doing a bit of work to a damp area that seamed to have a bit more clay than everywhere else.

Its raining, does the pitch need it or what!

The clubs sprinkler system is good but cant beat a good bit of rain.

The new grass is coming on well in both goal mouths and a small area that we re-seeded after doing a bit of work to a damp area that seamed to have a bit more clay than everywhere else.

A very great post young Burgs !!

As I type, I have my patio doors wide open to clear the air, and it's absolutely p1ssing down.  In fact our patio is now nearly an inch under water.  Incidently  -  Our new Bengal Kitten, Max, is absolutely enjoying paddling on the patio in the rain.

'Er Indoors', who is the only gardener in this house is absolutely ecstatic as the lawn was wilting and now she won't have to go out and hose the garden down.  She's never ever been particularly worried about a 'damp area', which you refer to, so that doesn't enter the equation.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and you can please all of the people all of the time, but...............  You can't.............

A very great post young Burgs !!

As I type, I have my patio doors wide open to clear the air, and it's absolutely p1ssing down.  In fact our patio is now nearly an inch under water.  Incidently  -  Our new Bengal Kitten, Max, is absolutely enjoying paddling on the patio in the rain.

'Er Indoors', who is the only gardener in this house is absolutely ecstatic as the lawn was wilting and now she won't have to go out and hose the garden down.  She's never ever been particularly worried about a 'damp area', which you refer to, so that doesn't enter the equation.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and you can please all of the people all of the time, but...............  You can't.............

.......the lads only finished a 3pm putting up the new guttering, down-pipes, upvc soffetts and stuff at home so its getting a propa work out now!

.......the lads only finished a 3pm putting up the new guttering, down-pipes, upvc soffetts and stuff at home so its getting a propa work out now!

Hope they all the hard work holds up Burgs.

Xxxxxxx Wicks is stocking up on timber in case Noah comes calling in tomorrow.

Well the pitch is cut and marked out ready for the game Tuesday evening against Chipstead, just the nets to put up and on the day a final run over with the mower to make it look smart. The evening is being used as a dress rehearsal for when the league starts to check we have no gremlins, so the floodlights will be warmed up, the Bar and canteen will be open for drinks and burgers. A full match day programme will be available for Tuesday and the rest of the season thanks to the lads at SURREY PRINTERS, many thanks for their help and enthusiasm.

There is a possibility that Tuesday nights game may have one of our initiatives implemented that for non-league football may well be a first so we are very excited to see it in action, cant say any more yet but going to help both the club and everyone that regularly comes through the turnstiles.   

Had a wander down to Meadowbank last week, just to have a peep, you understand.

Still loads and loads of work, both building and pitch-wise to complete.

Nice to see the customery workmen, leaning on shovels, smoking and chatting.

• 2 weeks later...

OK  -  So technically not CoCo any more but I know many of you have followed the shenanigans going on at picturesque Meadowbank so I thought I might just keep you up-dated.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/meadowbank-development-delayed-after-landfill-and-natural-spring-discovered-beneath-site/story-30455614-detail/story.html

SURPRISE, SURPRISE - An underground spring just discovered and covered with land fill waste after WW11.

I so hate the expression, "I told You So" but I could have told them so years ago.

Archived