Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scott and Samir join Brad

This will always happen when you don't offer notional contracts to a nucleus of your better players.

No doubt I will get the usual replies about not understanding business and budgets restraints etc ,but if we don't even begin to protect our interest in certain players, even though in the short term it may mean some expenditure, then why did we enter into a 99 lease on a ground restrained from future development because of it's grade II listing.

If the some of our players are that good that they are sought after by other clubs then those clubs would have to pay sufficient for us to recover the notional contract fee plus a premium. That is simple business practice. Other wise  we will lose our best players, time and time again each year, and the club will start going backwards.

However,having said the above, I will still be watching

with interest Braintree's results from their first  5/6 games. If they start like we have over the past 3 years, I am sure that the financiers of Braintree will be less forgiving than we have been on their new management team.

That does not answer my question. I am not talking thousands I am talking in Hundreds. Do you want a football club or social drinking club with a football team.

You offer contracts a month or so before the end of season whilst there is still a promotion possibility. The offers are only to two or three players who you want

to retain. If a manager moves on and he or others out side the club want them and the player wants to go at least get some payback.

As I have said the club is committed to a 99yrs lease and unless you think of ways to protect some of your assets, even as intangible as players, so that at least you retain your current status how are you going to pay the rent

I know that that we are a Trust, but even a trust has to be run on commercial principles if it hopes to be able to continue.

Think we will have to wait until July when contacts can be signed before we find out who is staying and which new players have signed..A statement from the new management team would be nice in the meantime.Just to get an idea of their vision for the team and what they hope to achieve.

For me, Shulton's our biggest loss to date, very disappointing.

Any further news of players coming in?

I think we were all spolt with Brad being open and honest and very much for the fans

This new guy i think will be a completly different kettle of fish and i am convinced if brad was still at the helm the fans would have been kept up to date with comings and goings and poss targets.

But i agree we need some positive news coming out from our club re players.

I believe Brad is our biggest loss to be honest.

I think we were all spolt with Brad being open and honest and very much for the fans

This new guy i think will be a completly different kettle of fish and i am convinced if brad was still at the helm the fans would have been kept up to date with comings and goings and poss targets.

But i agree we need some positive news coming out from our club re players.

I believe Brad is our biggest loss to be honest.

Good point, well made.

Only time will tell.We can't say if the new manager will be better or worse than Brad until we see him at work.

Er, obviously!?!?

Er, obviously!?!?

So if our new manager turns out to be better (or as good) as the previous manager,then losing Brad wouldn't be our biggest loss.(As you and the poster above believe it to be).So that is why i said lets wait and see.It may just turn out to be our biggest piece of good fortune if the new manager wins the league next season.

So if our new manager turns out to be better (or as good) as the previous manager,then losing Brad wouldn't be our biggest loss.(As you and the poster above believe it to be).So that is why i said lets wait and see.It may just turn out to be our biggest piece of good fortune if the new manager wins the league next season.

Well yes, obviously, but true.

Andy Leese is a proud Potteries boy, so you'll get 100% out of him and expect the players' work rate and physicality to go up too; Stokies tend not to tolerate those who don't put in a good shift (well that's what I'm hoping for at any rate!)

That does not answer my question. I am not talking thousands I am talking in Hundreds. Do you want a football club or social drinking club with a football team.

You offer contracts a month or so before the end of season whilst there is still a promotion possibility. The offers are only to two or three players who you want

to retain. If a manager moves on and he or others out side the club want them and the player wants to go at least get some payback.

As I have said the club is committed to a 99yrs lease and unless you think of ways to protect some of your assets, even as intangible as players, so that at least you retain your current status how are you going to pay the rent

I know that that we are a Trust, but even a trust has to be run on commercial principles if it hopes to be able to continue.

and when the short term contract runs out they can go anyway !!!!!!!!! for nothing money wasted !!!!!!!!

Shulton is a good player but was also, a bad disciplined timebomb, I prefer Nathan Livings tbh. Also, I'd take Ricky Gabriel over Samir any day of the week. Chill out people and wait and see what happens. I hope Brad takes all of his coaching staff that we didn't need nor couldn't afford !

I agree ST.

But BG do you suggest, starting up a fresh team each year. That's a remedy for

failure. Let them gain experience at ETFc and then let them move

on. We might as

well become a filter club with another and let them pick and choose and we stay as a social club!!!!!! You have to aim higher then the money will come in.

I agree ST.

But BG do you suggest, starting up a fresh team each year. That's a remedy for

failure. Let them gain experience at ETFc and then let them move

on. We might as

well become a filter club with another and let them pick and choose and we stay as a social club!!!!!! You have to aim higher then the money will come in.

IF PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY FOR US THEY WILL  so you would be happy to have players that are not keen to play for the town  just so we got them on contract !!!!!!! ive never said start a fresh team each year but players move on its a fact of life  read wot andy said they want to play at a higher level !!!!!!!!!

Archived