Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Karen Browne

Fixtures

The aim is for the following release of fixtures

Premier Division - Wednesday 19th July (Full Season)

Division One - Thursday 20th July (Full Season)

Division Two - Friday 21st July (August Only)

U25 Development Division - Friday 21st July (Full Season)

Can't start arranging until the higher steps have released theirs which I believe should be around mid July

Sorry if I've missed this on another thread, but will the first league games be on Saturday 12th August, or will there be some midweek league games on Tuesday 8th / Wednesday 9th?

First League Games are as follows

Premier Division clubs - Saturday 12th August

Division One clubs (in FA Cup) - Saturday 12th August

Division One clubs (not in FA Cup) - Saturday 5th August

Division Two clubs - Saturday 5th August

U25 Development Division clubs - Saturday 5th August

Hopefully the Secretaries of Premier Division Clubs will receive an e-mail listing first and last games along with Christmas/Easter fixtures later today.

For Division One clubs they will also be sent to Secretaries but this may not be until tomorrow.

Update

All Premier Division and Division One Secretaries have been sent their opening day, final day and holiday fixtures

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Berkhamsted  Cockfosters  Broadwater  Premier Division  
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Biggleswade FC  Holmer Green  The Carlsberg Stadium  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Colney Heath  Hoddesdon Town  The Recreation Ground  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Crawley Green  Oxhey Jets  Sharpenhoe Road  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Edgware Town  St Margaretsbury  Silver Jubilee Park  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Hadley  Harpenden Town  Brickfield Lane  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  London Colney  Leverstock Green  Cotlandswick Playing Fields  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  London Tigers  Leighton Town  Avenue Park  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Stotfold  Sun Sports  Roker Park  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Tring Athletic  Welwyn Garden City  The Grass Roots Stadium  Premier Division     
PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Wembley  Biggleswade FC  Vale Farm  Premier Division

I assume that Wembley will be hosting Biggleswade UNITED instead. :)

Update

All Premier Division and Division One Secretaries have been sent their opening day, final day and holiday fixtures

Now posted on Full-Time. Bookmarks have been changed for the forthcoming hostilities season.

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Berkhamsted  Cockfosters  Broadwater  Premier Division  

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Biggleswade FC  Holmer Green  The Carlsberg Stadium  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Colney Heath  Hoddesdon Town  The Recreation Ground  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Crawley Green  Oxhey Jets  Sharpenhoe Road  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Edgware Town  St Margaretsbury  Silver Jubilee Park  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Hadley  Harpenden Town  Brickfield Lane  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  London Colney  Leverstock Green  Cotlandswick Playing Fields  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  London Tigers  Leighton Town  Avenue Park  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Stotfold  Sun Sports  Roker Park  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Tring Athletic  Welwyn Garden City  The Grass Roots Stadium  Premier Division     

PREM  12/08/17 15:00  Wembley  Biggleswade FC  Vale Farm  Premier Division

I assume that Wembley will be hosting Biggleswade UNITED instead. :)

My error in entering on Full Time, now ccorrected

Edited by Karen Browne

Cant see I am pleased with our Xmas/Easter fixtures. Why we cannot play Biggleswade and Biggleswade United over Xmas and easter is beyond me. Leighton is hardly a derby game.

This isn't rocket science.

No it isn't rocket science as you say.

Xmas/Easter fixtures were decided by placing teams into four groups of four and one group of six.

The groupings were

Berkhamsted, Leverstock Green, Tring Athletic and Holmer Green

Biggleswade FC, Biggleswade United, Stotfold and Leighton Town

Cockfosters, Hadley, Edgware Town and Wembley

Harpenden Town, Hoddesdon Town, Welwyn Garden City and St Margaretsbury

Crawley Green, Colney Heath, London Tigers, London Colney, Oxhey Jets and Sun Sports

To have you play both Biggleswade clubs would have seen no 'Biggleswade derby' at Xmas/Easter

Edited by Karen Browne

Well done Karen. There will always be someone who makes the job sound so easy. Ground shares etc make your job difficult.

Here here.  Well done Karen, I for one could never do the hard job you do. 

The previous poster started mentioning miles to grounds and included Tring.  I assume his rocket science did not detect Tring to Berkhamsted is just 3 miles apart so why would that not be the natural local derby over Christmas and Easter!!

The bottom line is Stotfold like Leighton are on the geographical edges of our division so will dip out on festive games.

Karen's job is the hardest one of that there is no doubt and however does it will never satisfy everyone. 

However as a club chairman I have to look at how fixtures work in relation to income and in recent seasons we have had to endure a huge uneven run of home or away games which does little to help club budgets.

Last season we played our first league game at home on the 8th Oct and ended the season with 11 of our 13 games at home.

This uneven revenue stream can and does have a negative effect on financing.

If you create a mileage chart across all the clubs per division and then plan to play the furthest games on Saturdays each club has at the start and end of the season that would be a good starting point. In our case I suspect that would be playing someone like Holmer Green sometime during August and April. Absolutely provide local derby fixtures Xmas and Easter reversed so of course Biggleswade v United makes perfect sense.

The point I am making is that a game with Leighton over the Xmas or Easter period makes little sense when the games could be played against your two nearest neighbours.

Anyhow I am sure Karen has it under control and I like many are looking forward to seeing the fixtures in full.

The fixtures are much more balanced this season.

I swallowed hard when I first saw four of our first five league games at home whilst having to play Oxhey twice in a week is less than ideal

but its substantially better than last year so well done Karen 

Just to point out it seems judging by responses I have at least three games where clubs meet on successive Saturdays.

This was not done intentionally.

As clubs wanted the fixtures were done completely by hand and as follows

The first thing I did was to create list one in which I typed up every game that had to be scheduled.

Once I did the first week's fixtures I created list two where I cut and pasted the return fixture, this process was repeated for each set of fixtures created. One list one was finished I started adding those games from list two. The left over games once all Saturdays were then allocated midweek.

Once all this was done I reviewed all midweek games to see if there was a blank Saturday for both clubs, if yes then the game was removed from the midweek list to a Saturday. Alas in three cases that I have been told about to date it was unfortunate that the games happened to fall on successive Saturdays. I am quite happy to remove the games back to midweek if clubs want this.

No I can't please everyone but that's life.

I noticed that Levy have no home games in August. I know we cannot use the floodlights midweek in August. Cash flow will be a problem for us.