Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Striker joins Town

More good news for Town supporters. Earlier today Manager Andy Leese announced the signing of prolific goal-scorer Drew Roberts.

Drew has stacks of experience and has scored goals wherever he has played. Last season he scored 15 for Chesham United, lifting his overall tally to 56 goals in 95 appearances for the Generals.

Full details of his previous clubs can be found on the ETFC official website.

He certainly sounds like a real handful, and just the kind of player we need up front. Welcome Drew!

CheshFan does it really matter whether goals are scored from the penalty spot or open play? Goals are goals, and its good to hear Drew is a reliable penalty-taker. With regard to age, its more about ability, experience and fitness, and on those counts we will trust the judgement of your former management team.

Now remove the goals scored from the spot, and you will then realise that you have got a very good chesham vets team turning out for you next season. All great guys but well past running for 90 minutes

Sour grapes. if you ask me. It is what an Enfield fan would say to a Braintree fan !

From a neutral perspective, take my word for it, your club have appointed well. First season may be an up and down one, in terms of finding the right balance, players wise. but rest assured long term Andy Leese will get it right.

We didn't want to retain Drew so I can't see it being sour grapes.

If you take away goals from the spot his record last year was very poor. Even then he managed to miss (rather than have saved) about half the penalties he took last year.

I think you have made a shrewd appointment as manager but that some of the signings would leave me uninspired. Put another way if Andy had still been at Chesham and had resigned Roberts then we'd all be scratching our heads working out he sees in him still.

We didn't want to retain Drew so I can't see it being sour grapes.

If you take away goals from the spot his record last year was very poor. Even then he managed to miss (rather than have saved) about half the penalties he took last year.

I think you have made a shrewd appointment as manager but that some of the signings would leave me uninspired. Put another way if Andy had still been at Chesham and had resigned Roberts then we'd all be scratching our heads working out he sees in him still.

I'm a Slough fan not an Enfield one but am interested in non league football and matters related. I don't know Andy Leese personally but have watched his Chesham team over the years, either in opposition or as a neutral.

I think Enfield FC have made the right choice for their new manager.

I totally understand Chesham fans having the hump with quality players leaving their team to join Enfield.

Seeing a successful team split up must be galling, as the Enfield fans have witnessed for themselves.

On the Drew Roberts situation, I think Chesham fans are missing a key point in regard to what Andy Leese is doing.

Enfield need players regardless. He knows Drew Roberts and what he will bring to the field of play.

This present time is about building a first eleven and those that will make up the squad.

Drew Roberts may only be a short term solution. It's really down to what Drew achieves at Enfield, not what he's done at Chesham.  Drew Roberts knows Ryan Blake and Sam Youngs talents and so from an attacking point of view, this can only be good for bedding into a new team.  

Re-building a squad for long term success takes time but in the short term, a half decent team can be done quickly with the right manager at the helm.

If I was an Enfield supporter I wouldn't be worried but as a Chesham supporter I would, as the jury is still out on your managerial team of Danny Talbot and Jon Meakes ! 

Archived