Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hendon v Enfield Town

littlehampton

After sharing the points in our opening home match of the season, Town face North London rivals Hendon tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, at the Silver Jubilee Park Stadium, in Kingsbury, for our next Bostik League Premier Division fixture.

Last weekend, Gary McCann's side gave a positive performance at Tonbridge Angels, but came away empty-handed, with the home side winning 1-0.

Early days, but both teams will be going flat-out to improve on their opening performance and result, and secure their first win of the season.

Best of luck to Andy, Darren and the boys. Let's give it a real go guys, with a high-energy, top quality performance, that delivers three points.

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

If we put on a display like Saturday I think Hendon will beat us.

Hendon only narrowly lost to Tonbridge Angels last Saturday and they are no rabbits. If we continue to hoof the ball in the air on Hendon's plastic pitch where they will, one believes, play a quick passing game there will be no contest.

Spot on comments Steph1.Thanks for taking up the cudgel I feel after my tirade on last Saturday's game I am somewhat a persona-non-grata so I will stay low for bit.

After all It's against my religion to keep putting my head above the parapet " Being a devout coward!!!"

I am unable to go to the match this evening but if you do I look forward to reading your reasoned observations.

There are grounds for hope. At least we played it more on the ground. We missed a penalty and hit the bar. Towards the end of the game there was some interpassing.

What is obvious is that our forwards want more time on the ball than they were used to in the lower divisions. We have also found a more than capable goalkeeper.

All in all a better performance than Saturday and Hendon are a better team than Folkestone especially on their plastic pitch.

Good to read your comments Steph as I also felt deflated at seeing the result last night.

Difficult to comment when not seen the 2league games, but I would expect to see Noto and Krasniqi start the next game ?

Any other players apart from Jo Wright shine last night?

I hear you can download the game from Hendon website for £2 in a few days time .. Worth it?

Poor first half performance with the ball getting stuck on a dreadful plastic pitch.... former posts have never been about how good we were but about could we have put together a better squad in the time available... I'm still not sure we could have... at the moment we still are not playing as a unit especially at the back ... Saturday is a massive game if we are not going to go into freefall ....on a proper pitch with two games behind them I expect a big improvement....

Total agree Theodopolus.

Terrible pitch.

Terrible lights

Terrible PA system.

How can you ever have a new ground and install a plastic pitch on a slope.!!!!!

Town played better in the second half our keeper was amazing,Andy has definitely found a more than adequate replacement for Nathan.

Missing Kirby and mario imo.

The new player from chelmsford looks good.

Keep the faith Andy will definitely get it right.

Micky deserves a special mention as he ran himself into the ground for the team,a real captains performance.

Not the result everyone was hoping for, but circumstantially not a great surprise. With players missing and the team still settling in, it is very early days, but there were some positives from this match, and it is encouraging to hear there were some praise-worthy individual performances last night, plus a decent second half and improvement on last Saturdays display.

Next up is Met Police on Saturday. They lost 4-1 to newly promoted Dorking Wanderers last night and had Tom Bird sent off. Should be a fascinating match at the QE Stadium, with both clubs in urgent need of a win. I think we'll be up for it!

What do you think?

Total agree Theodopolus.

Terrible pitch. :D  :D  

Terrible lights :D  :D  

Terrible PA system. :D  :D  

How can you ever have a new ground and install a plastic pitch on a slope.!!!!!   :D  :D

Town played better in the second half our keeper was amazing,Andy has definitely found a more than adequate replacement for Nathan.

Missing Kirby and mario imo.

The new player from chelmsford looks good.

Keep the faith Andy will definitely get it right.

Micky deserves a special mention as he ran himself into the ground for the team,a real captains performance.

What a cracking set of excuses I just spat my Fosters  out laughing  :D  :D

Archived