Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mark Sampson Racism Row

Rhodes

I was just wondering what poor Mark Sampson is supposed to have done, in this article he says that his conscience is very much clear hence him being rightly cleared by the FA of any wrongdoing. It's clearly just sour grapes by the bitter Eni Aluko for being dropped by Sampson and even if he did say to her to make sure her visiting relatives from Nigeria did not bring the Ebola virus with them what's wrong with that as it would have clearly been a tongue in cheek comment and a bit of fun by the excellent Coach who took over from the well past her sell by date Hope Powell who, as we all know, clearly had her favourites including the over rated Eni Aluko, maybe that's her real problem with Sampson:

http://www.france24.com/en/20170905-england-womens-football-coach-has-clear-conscience-racism-row

In my very humble view, this was just an attempt to play the 'race-card', which didn't work.

By the bitter Eni Aluko you mean, yes definitely

I see that there has been another kerfuffle involving Mark Sampson whereby he supposedly man handled player Lucy Bronze in training which she objected to, it would appear that the players are ganging up on Sampson for some reason but my guess is there are little cliques in the women's squad and some players still hanker for the past her sell by date Hope Powell which clearly the excellent Sampson doesn't need:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11033399/lucy-bronze-plays-down-tussle-with-mark-sampson-during-england-training

• 4 weeks later...

It's 'criminal' isn't it the way poor Mark Sampson has been treated, perhaps we should permanently have a woman in charge of the National team, such as the incompetent Hope Powell, what did she win in 15 years at the helm between 1998 and 2013 yet Sampson was on the verge of great things with the team when he was unceremoniously sacked, now we're back to the drawing board. 

Big J R - It's amazing how the FA always manage to shoot themselves in the foot isn't it

• 2 weeks later...

... and now it seems that this whole sordid affair has escalated and ripped the F.A. apart.

I expect that resignations aren't far off.

Archived