Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brightlingsea Regent v Enfield Town

littlehampton

Sad and very disappointed to read the above comments about the vile personal abuse directed at Simon Thomas during yesterdays match. It is absolutely disgraceful, and difficult to comprehend why, one of our own supporters would travel all that way to the Essex coast, to have a go at one of our own players, particularly as he was the one player who actually scored for us yesterday.

Alcohol induced or not, this is totally out of order, and someone on the Board needs to speak to the individual concerned, before our next match, and make it clear that this damages the family image of our club, and will not be tolerated.

While no player likes to hear that level of criticism the intention I'm sure was to try and drum up some passion and fire in the player who is our captain by a very passionate and vocal supporter....I never heard any personal insults only football related ones ... and while I did feel a bit embarrassed for the player I couldn't help agreeing with his comments as did everyone else around me.... does that make us all hypocrites?

Ok then, three questions:

1. Why Simon Thomas? He is far from he weakest link in the side

2. Did you notice that the players didn't acknowledge the fans after the game? Why do you think that was?

3 How many sugars?

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I will be at Hanwell next Saturday. Think there are lessons to be learned from this little storm (Hurricane Irma) in a tea cup. Our club is very fortunate to have some very loyal, faithful, passionate, vocal supporters, and it is wonderful to hear the Enfield Ultras in full song. They definitely lift the team, and we are going to need all their loud vocal support in our important FA Cup match next weekend.

Think it is important to remember that it is still very early days, under our new manager, our team is going through a transitional period, and is not yet the end product. We all want immediate success, but it is going to take time. Getting behind our team with support and encouragement, will always inspire better response and results than abuse. Keep the faith! COYT

Very disappointing performance yesterday - didn't hear the abuse comments but suspect they may have been overplayed.

Interestingly, these comments come from the Braintree website after 9 former Towners lost 4-3 at Hemel:-

I think we're all having a reality check now. New side playing sexy football doesn't win games. Doing the homework on opponents, having a game plan to shut out opponents and an indomitable team spirit is what does it.

Ironic really as we seem to have the opposite problem - I've not seen too much in the way of football in our first 7 games. What concerns me the most, with Aaron Greene again appearing on the bench for Chelmsford yesterday, is that our squad looks significantly worse than the one we had at the end of the friendlies (since then we've lost Steve Wales to injury, Greene, Kresniqi, Mitchell-King, Ralston Gabriel and even Robbie Rees who played in the team that beat us yesterday).

This squad desperately needs some competition for places. Ryan Blake and Drew Roberts both look to be playing out of place to me - I suspect both would be a more natural fit playing down the middle but they're being kept out of that position by Simon Thomas. I can see why Simon is attracting criticism (particularly as Captain) as he has a bit of a lazy style of play - much like Liam Hope (who I loved as a striker because he usually found the net). Simon, for his part, is at least doing likewise - 5 goals in our first 7 games is not a bad return (I think he may have been on the bench for one of those too?). 

Well done Stanners66 big enough to say sorry.

I know the players took a decision not to acknowledge the fans at the end due to what they heard being shouted about Simon.

We move on now stronger together to that death trap of a ground whingegate Tuesday where we will be loud positive and proud and cheer the boys to victory.COYT.

Thanks VM. Just as an aside, my user name on here is fairly obvious but most of the regular posters are anonymous to me! I'm happy to apologise when I'm wrong but I'm not unapproachable so slap me when we are at the game rather than the public admonishment please. I did speak with a couple of people at the end of the game to explain my comments but I fully accept the feedback.