Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Great escape

urchinman1961

Well a first half to forget better second half Saturday took it out of us i think.Grays looked a lot sharper think they will improve.Glad to take a point in the end but still could have nicked all 3 in the end.Still undefeated !!!!

My sentiments exactly. We did look off the pace in the first half and I'm sure some of that is down to the excursions of Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two players are carrying knocks as well. Bearing that in mind though, it took a tremendous free kick from Grays to take the lead. Great strength of character to get back into the game in the second half but unfortunately couldn't hold it. Grays do look an improved side. We weren't going to go through the season with a 100% record so it gets that out of the way now.

Looks like Canvey are picking up a bit of momentum, they look like the team to keep an eye out for at the moment.

I'm more worried about Heybridge having only played 6, with currently two games over us.

We have 3 over Canvey.

There is a long way to go yet with everything still to play for and all in our hands.

Last night wasn't great. We could've easily lost all 3 points just as quick as we could've won them.

Heads up and carry on. ?

Heybridge are already potentially building up a bit of a fixture pileup - those games have to be played.

Always take points on the board over games in hand.

I would have loved to progress in the FA Cup but to lose away to a clearly bigger/better team with a decent crowd may work for us. 

I know it's a cliché but we can concentrate on the league now (yes, there's the FA trophy, Essex Senior Cup and the No Velocity cup but the FA cup is the big one).

Agree, it's still very early in the season and nothing. See where we are in March onwards. We've got until Sunday now for recovery time.

Archived