Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 United 0

Swifty

Did I just dream that match?

Two up at half time against a team who should have been level, losing our keeper without a sub goalie on the bench, holding out manfully, and eventually winning 4-0!

We got our necks in front when Jack hit a snapshot into the corner from the edge of the box in the 4th minute, and we held out against a skilful United side until some wonderful work by Dan led to Jack thumping home a second in the 25th minute.

A big feature of the match was offsides. Either our lads got the trap off to a tee or United's forwards were too nippy and kept getting caught. United kept pushing, the flag kept going up, we got to the break two up and a bit relieved.

The pressure appeared to have been taken off when Max scored with a looping header across goal from eight yards out for 3-0 in the 55th minute, then came the supposed gamechanger.

On the hour, Tyler got clattered by a United forward - the referee saw nothing wrong with the challenge - and he had to leave the pitch, I assume with concussion. With no sub keeper named this week there was much umming and ahhing until, after an eight minute gap, Russ decided to put on the pink shirt and go between the sticks.

At that point I expected United to pepper our goal and make life very difficult. I hadn't banked on our team raising their game and playing as if defending a one-goal lead against a League team in the cup. Everyone defended determinedly despite the onslaught, our midfield and attack helped take pressure off and made life awkward for our visitors, Russ did what he had to very well (I've never seen kick him kick a ball that far before!) and, in the third minute out of nine added on, Webby headed his second for 4-0. United's frustration was shown by some niggly fouls and bookings late on, but they must be wondering how on Earth this finished the way it did.

A wonderful dig-in-deep display by our lads. Proud to have been there to watch it.

great win against a good side who'll be up there at the end of the season. Jack and Max took their goals well and Dan was a right handful up top all afternoon.

With Bitz injury being a bad one I think we have to get someone in who can fill in out there down the right as James really is to me a number 9.

Bring back Kam ??? Hahaha

Update from Tyler's dad - as well as concussion, Tyler needed minor facial surgery as he got a gash right through his face under the lip line. Even so, he just wanted to be bandaged up and allowed to continue!

I hope the surgery went well, but Tyler will have to work hard now to replace The Flying Ginge in goal!

Archived