Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 2 Ks 2

Swifty

Stop me if you've heard this before recently - we take a two goal lead then fritter it and end up drawing.

In fairness, though, I'd have taken a draw today again higher division opponents. K's were fit and fast and put us under enough pressure to have won. Our team looked a bit patchwork due to injuries, but our quilt of a side coped very well.

We took a 24th minute lead when Jabir latched onto a through ball and was very nearly hauled down outside the area, but the ref (from Hereford!), who had a good inconspicuous game overall, played an excellent advantage and Jab jabbed the ball home with power. Our lead doubled in the 33rd when excellent work down the left resulted in a low cross which Jack converted at the far post.

K's looked purposeful after the break, and we defended superbly overall while still going forward and trying to cause problems, but two individual errors in the middle of the park cost us two easy goals, admittedly well taken by Tom Collins in the 57th and Tom Derry in the 75th.

Still, we get another crack at progressing on Monday night. For their effort, the lads deserved it.

Monday you say which means I assume that Tuesday's league game is postponed?

The Marlow game on Tuesday was already off. The club had announced reduced admission for the match with vouchers to be handed out at the Trophy game then, in their infinite wisdom, the Southern League instructed Marlow to play a League Cup tie on Tuesday instead.

If we win the Trophy replay and get drawn away in the next round, our next home game won't be until December 9th.

Archived